NVR 4108-HS does NOT configure motion detect for ONVIF

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
uhsa

NVR 4108-HS does NOT configure motion detect for ONVIF

Post by uhsa »

I have NVR 4108-HS and 2 cameras for my place. One is Amcrest IP8M-249 and another Reolink IPC-511W

I am trying to set up home security and i was able to get the 2 cameras added to the NVR, and both did the motion detect fine.

After the upgrade, my versions are per the attached picture.

Now while i can see the Reolink fine - there is ZERO motion detection.

This is obviously an issue because without motion detection, it's doing me no good.

I had bought the Amcrest NVR because i read that it worked fine with ONVIF. Not looking for major features - but motion detection is a must have for me.

Can someone please help?

Thank you!
Attachments
NVR.PNG
NVR.PNG (13.28 KiB) Viewed 4403 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR 4108-HS does NOT configure motion detect for ONVIF

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Sadly I am not sure I would have gone with a FW UPdate on your NVR however what is done is done... From what I know from last time I looked your model was only one that had the older 2018 FW also on line With that said...

Before I would try and go make bunch of changes to the NVR after a Update from older to new JS FW I would do a Factory Reset... Right click go to main menu, under settings click on System the on the left side click on the Default Tab at the bottom of the page is Ok, Cancel and Apply to the LEft of that is Factory Reset I would do that and test out your cameras after installing them again.. Could be that the issues is caused by 2 parts of FW stilling active and one isn't letting the other work right.. SO I would do the Reset and see if that solves your Motion issues..

Also might want to double check with your ReoLInk cameras because I know some of their hardware is system brand needed for motion because of tech they use between the 2 items Camera and nvr link and work as 1 I am not saying this is your issue I am saying double check and make sure it can work Motion by it own with use of another brand NVR.. I don't know all Cameras from all brands that don't work with other NVR for motion I just know there are some out there...
Be Safe.
uhsa

Post by uhsa »

James
Thank you - wondering if we can revert back to the 2018 firmware? Is that a better option than factory reset?
uhsa

Post by uhsa »

I did the factory reset and it still doesn't do any motion detection.

All I get is live video. :(
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Humm Is that for all cameras or just the Reolink camera?

You setup your Motion grids, setup schedules, setup HDD for recordings of Motion?

Also needs to make sure that you have Motion Detect Enabled. I have my own ANti-dither at 0 and my Delay at 60 seconds for some not all but some cameras seeing I don't need them all set to long of record times plus I have my things set for record anyway on them cameras...

I would double check that the Motion is enabled and that you have your schedules setup...
Be Safe.
uhsa

Post by uhsa »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:42 am Humm Is that for all cameras or just the Reolink camera?
Just Reolink. My Amcrest 8M camera works fine.
Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:42 am You setup your Motion grids, setup schedules, setup HDD for recordings of Motion?
Yes - and every time I select channel 2 for my Reolink - it doesn't allow me to select regions on motion (IF I am using web for NVR). If I go to the actual NVR and do it - it lets me select region. So that's what I did
Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:42 am Also needs to make sure that you have Motion Detect Enabled. I have my own ANti-dither at 0 and my Delay at 60 seconds for some not all but some cameras seeing I don't need them all set to long of record times plus I have my things set for record anyway on them cameras...

I would double check that the Motion is enabled and that you have your schedules setup...
Yes - I go under each channel and enable it. I even tried the entire region to detect motion - just to test it out. But nothing.

It's like it's not seeing motion detection feature.

Is there another setting I can try besides Onvif? Like IP?

Also, I know this Reolink works with blue Iris onvif - so this model is compatible for onvif.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Humm it is odd.. IT might be a lack of something from new FW.. I do know that the last time I looked at the FW page the 4108-HS was only one I seen that had older FW listed.. Maybe there is something there that can make it work going back to the older FW>?
Be Safe.
tony2018

Post by tony2018 »

Try logging directly into the camera to see if the motion detection settings you configured are set. If its not set go ahead and configure it while your there and see if that works.
uhsa

Post by uhsa »

tony2018 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am Try logging directly into the camera to see if the motion detection settings you configured are set. If its not set go ahead and configure it while your there and see if that works.
Tony - appreciate the reply. That's the first thing I did - went in directly to the camera. Set the detection zones, etc there. However, the NVR refuses to see this detection nor does it send me any notifications for any detection. It's like the NVR doesn't see any motion detection with this camera.

Onvif is a standard protocol. To not have the NVR detect motion seem pointless for a NVR IMHO.
baldmagicguy

Post by baldmagicguy »

uhsa wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:26 pm
tony2018 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am Try logging directly into the camera to see if the motion detection settings you configured are set. If its not set go ahead and configure it while your there and see if that works.
Tony - appreciate the reply. That's the first thing I did - went in directly to the camera. Set the detection zones, etc there. However, the NVR refuses to see this detection nor does it send me any notifications for any detection. It's like the NVR doesn't see any motion detection with this camera.

Onvif is a standard protocol. To not have the NVR detect motion seem pointless for a NVR IMHO.
Following your thread because I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Have you made any progress? I sure haven't.

Cheers,
Marty