NVR 4108-HS does NOT configure motion detect for ONVIF

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
uhsa

Re: NVR 4108-HS does NOT configure motion detect for ONVIF

Post by uhsa »

Nothing - Amcrest takes few days before they reply back. And the last reply was basically them saying that it's strange this happened. No real steps on what I can do to solve this. I asked if I could downgrade to older firmware - and if so, how/from where. Nothing.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well as I said on the FW page for the Machine yours is only one that is showing FW for 2020 and 2018 See picture Below
https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads
FWPage.jpg
FWPage.jpg (546.9 KiB) Viewed 4458 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jfatica

Post by jfatica »

Any update on this issue? Definitely a firmware issue. I've tried both the motion detection option and the IPC ext alarm option. Neither seem to be registering with the NVR. Confirmed that the cameras are set up correctly and sending the appropriate signals through the IP camera config tool.

Contemplating whether to return the NVR and try a different brand, or just buy Amcrest cameras. Obviously the former will be a much cheaper route.
kosta

Post by kosta »

I just wanted to add that I recently purchased the same NVR and have the same problems.

I have 3 types of cameras.

Only in 1 annke 4k poe http camera I managed to activate the motion trigger and set up a zone.

I have 2 other types of onvif POE cameras (2k and 1k , all from hiseeu.com) , and none can send motion triggered events to the nvr.

The VMS generic MS windows software that hiseeu notes in their users manuals, is triggered just fine.

They are all set on onvif and with onvif authentication that includes symbols and alphanumerics.

I get channel video, but no camera name, or motion events.

I installed the latest firmware as well, the old one was real bad, at least with the new one, the nvr behaves a little better.

Also the mobile app simply opens video feeds whenever it feels like it.

I think the nvr lacks processing capabilities, although it's specs support 4k cameras.

Really bad implementation.
AGuyInPhoenix

Post by AGuyInPhoenix »

I am in the same boat!!!
I have tried resetting everything from my NVR to my cameras to my entire network. The only cameras that work now are my 3 Amcrest 4K cams, my other 5 cameras are all 5 different models and I can see them all but can not get motion to trigger on them.
I have verified the zones, I have changed compressions, resolutions, framerate's, bitrates, I have tried turning off the 2nd streams and only record the main, I have tried recording only motion on sub stream, I have spent hours on this over and over again for months, I even tried constant record on sub and motion on main and motion would NEVER trigger on any camera, unless isn't an Amcrest camera since this update...
Now I'm kinda pissed that I know it isn't just me and this was a result of the system, not because I had some obscure setting wrong!
Now I want to know what they are doing to fix it or is this a cash grab making you buy their cameras after getting to use any model for the "starting trial"???

Can anyone recommend a solid but affordable board I could swap out for the one in her that won't have these issues?