NV5232E-16P or NV4216E-AI

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RonM

NV5232E-16P or NV4216E-AI

Post by RonM »

After talking with a few reps and looking at specs. I may be able to just use motion detection instead of intrusion or tripwire. Of these 2 NVRs which would you pick and why? Current setup is Hikvision DVR with 16 coax cameras. Will be replacing cameras with POE and installing NVR.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV5232E-16P or NV4216E-AI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well to be honest why use a AI NVR if your not going to use the AI features there are other POE NVRs out there that have the same look and feel of the 2 recorders you mention that cost less and don't have AI...

Then what is your motivation of moving away from TVI 16ch DVR you have now unless it is an even older CVBS DVR then again why are you looking to move away from what you have already installed? Now I have some older Hik products my self, I started off with older 16ch CBVS, moved up to a 16ch TVI, then over to a 5mp TVI found out wasn't much happy with that and now have a 8ch 5mp AI dvr from Amcrest, Wish I would have known the 5116-AI would have been good enough for my needs before down sizing to my 7108-AI.. I also do own a 4216E-AI as well.. So one of the things about my 7108 is it will work with IP cameras, however doing so would remove the AI ability so I reset the DVR and only using it in 8ch rather then 16ch that it can work in.. If you don't have AI needs, Personally I would look into the 7108 and turn on the IP this will make it 7ch BNC and 9ch IP for 16ch total but will give you access to your Hik products that you already have installed and the ability to add IP cameras as you get them... An Idea and you can make the upgrade over time and not have to go out and replace a Bunch of BNC cameras you have installed already... Only down side to this method is they wouldn't be able to run as POE from the Recorder.. I personally have the 16ch POE NVR as well however I don't run many of the POE channels right now as I also have POE+ Switch and POE Switch for other cameras that I own before getting the 4216E-AI...

With all that said...

If you have the POE cameras already then you have to ask your self. Are you looking to buy a NVR that you have ability to add more cameras? then go with the 5232 -16p this will give you 16ch POE and still have another 16ch you can go upto

Somethings to note.. 5216E-16P at this time is only one that I know is AI in the 5xxx series... I am not sure if the 5232 is a sleeper or not... I do know that buying the 5216E-16P is 1400USD so not for the normal home user...

Other machines you might want to look at would be 4116e-HS, 2116-HS if you can get away within the 16ch lineup... mind you the E would be POE and cameras would have limited outside NVR access (Like BNC DVR) line up... on the other hand, having a POE+ switch and a 2116-HS would give ability to have your POE camera on your normal network for setup and config.. Anything behind the POE NVR would need to get access by a Switch, injector or using browser aka WebUI...
Be Safe.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

See also this thread, which asked the same question.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

RonM wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:29 pm After talking with a few reps and looking at specs. I may be able to just use motion detection instead of intrusion or tripwire. Of these 2 NVRs which would you pick and why? Current setup is Hikvision DVR with 16 coax cameras. Will be replacing cameras with POE and installing NVR.
Looking at camera specifications, here are some differences I see:
5232 input bandwidth 320 Mbps, 4216 AI is 200 Mbps or 80 Mbps wnen using AI.
5232 Decoding capability appears to be twice as much as 4216.
5232 supports 32 cams, 4216 supports 16.
IVS tripwire and intrusion in-NVR support only for 4 four channels in 4216.   None on 5232.

So the more powerful 5232 would be my choice unless 4216 AI capabilities are desired.   Both are about the same price at Amcrest.