NV4216E-AI max live windows

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mtg

NV4216E-AI max live windows

Post by mtg »

Hi all,

I just started to configure an NV4216E-AI with 9 cameras.
The both live and playback tab seem to allow just 2x2 live cams.
I there a way of setting either a 3x3 or 4x4 grid?

TIA

M.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4216E-AI max live windows

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I am not sure. Please look at the Data for the NVR when it comes to 8k cameras being connected to it... I don't have any 8k cameras on my NVR or DVR and both of them offer 1, 4, 8, 9 and 16 also can setup Custom splits where I have setup 6, 5 and couple others as well..

I think having a 8k camera connected changes what your able to Preview...
Be Safe.
mtg

Post by mtg »

I have no choice but single and 2x2, and, yes, all of them are 4k/8MP cameras.
But since the image is somehow downscaled I expected it to use substream1 instead of scaling everything.

Will look into manuals, although at first sight they seem a little obsolete
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is an Idea? Log into your NVR on IE at your NVR's Normal IP address. This has to be done on IE.. Then look to see if that will give you more then just the 2 windows..

The cool thing I found for the NVR is that on the left hand side bottom I can pick the layout. Then on the right side bottom is another setup for Grids. Now if I take 8 grid layout from the left to show on Screen and I choose 16ch layout from the right side it will put the NVR in 16ch layout mode showing my 16 cameras and also display that layout in the IE.. Now I am not sure on what Options will be able for someone running Full 8mp sorry I did say 8K meant 4k 8mp.. Have a lot of things that I have been dealing with.. Anyway it would be interesting to see if it would give you a larger layout in IE then in the NVR.. Something worth checking anyway..

This is a 13 view layout with 16ch in the HD field I did cover some cameras that I don't display for security reasons.. There is no Photo Shop here it is just all from IE and the Cover ups are apart of my Screen Capture software...
13view16Split.png
13view16Split.png (375.36 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
Be Safe.
mtg

Post by mtg »

Good point...
It gives me the opportunity, after I selected to install the activex, to open up to 16 windows.
The Activex is pretty resource hungry, so I have to use the secondary stream (If not, by setting the original 4K i receive a "resource not sufficient, failed to enable video... on an intel 8250U w/ 12 gig of ram).

And the plugin also solved the issue of not replaying the flows (It just showed me single pictures).

Time to evolve to newer standards for amcrest, or at least develop a standalone client not released in 2015.

Thanks revo for the hint. It made my day.

M.