NV4216 no camera feeds ONLY on web UI

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
softbox

NV4216 no camera feeds ONLY on web UI

Post by softbox »

Hey all. I have a weird issue that popped up recently.

Background info:
I have about 11 Amcrest POE cameras connected to an NV4216-AI NVR. It's all in a remote location, behind a pfSense gateway/router. Port forwarding is set up, and I can access the NVR remotely. P2P is disabled, and everything has been configured via static IP addresses. Access is achieved either through the Amcrest iOS app, Amcrest Surveillance Pro MacOS desktop app, or the NVR's web UI.

Unsure when this issue began, but I cannot see the actual camera feeds from the web UI when viewing remotely.

-If I am on site/on the same network, the iOS app, desktop app, and the NVR web UI are all fully accessible and work perfectly. I can view live, or play back recorded footage.
-If I VPN into the network from off-site, the iOS app, ASP desktop app, and the web UI all work perfectly. I can view live, or play back recorded footage.
-If I try to directly access the port forwarded NVR from off-site, the iOS app and ASP desktop app work perfectly, and I can view live, or play back recorded footage. HOWEVER, the web UI will ONLY pull up the UI, and all the cameras just spin and never load the feed. I can make configuration changes, but I cannot view live cameras or playback recordings.

I am unsure where to begin troubleshooting this. I've tried accessing individual cameras from outside the network (also all port forwarded correctly), and they work fine via iOS/desktop/web UI. So the ONLY device and method that does not work is remotely accessing the NVR via its web UI when not on the same network and not on VPN.

Any thoughts?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4216 no camera feeds ONLY on web UI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thoughts if I had to guess there is a box that is not checked in the system or the Ports that should be forwarded are not all forwarded.

Next thing that comes to mind is VH is off in the NVR if it has it in settings? Oddly my main NVR is a 2116-HS and when I seen a VH I was kind of taken back because none of my cameras are behind the NVR.. So I am guessing if mine has it yours being what it is and cost over mine has to have it as well and must be something to do with when using port forwarding... I use P2P and Smart PSS to access my NVR outside my network so I can't tell you just some guesses..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

VHFull.png
VHFull.png (51.22 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Be Safe.
softbox

Post by softbox »

Hmm. My NVR doesn't have a virtual host setting/checkbox
softbox

Post by softbox »

In my firewall rules, I am forwarding (for example) external port 4000, which will resolve to internal port 80. All NVR port settings are set to defaults. So i just have to type my DDNS address with the port, and I can access the cameras. as a completely fake example, http://myddnsaddress.ddns.net:4000 would get me access to the NVR on the iOS app and the desktop app, and I can see the cameras. But not directly via the web UI. That would only load the GUI, but all cameras spin.

Unsure if anything more than one port is needed to be forwarded. I tried forwarding a different port to 37777, and that didn't work.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Just got my 4216E-AI today did you get it working? Yours the POE or normal nvr?
Be Safe.
softbox

Post by softbox »

Mine is the normal NON-POE version, but I don't think it matters, right?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it might matter and that was why I was asking..

I will turn off P2P and try to get my DDNS setup again. I still have my name and Ip so shouldn't be to hard to turn back on it just has been years since I have messed with this so might take me some time... Looking at your system info is it same or close to mine? Like your question it might not matter I am only asking to have a better understanding of the issue in hand.. Like If it works for me and don't for you and your on non POE yet I am on POE it might be just that difference.. Just trying to be helpful..
aiNVR.png
aiNVR.png (79.8 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

However I have a complex network that I am dealing with, While My info and ports are working and my outside DDNS is setup and my IP is still there as it hasn't changed for over 4 years I am thinking I need to go down a couple of routers and unlock the DMZ to my second router to open as things are showing and my dns server that I use shows the right address for my NVR no access atm.. Need to dig a little deeper still..
NVR-Mapped.png
NVR-Mapped.png (39.7 KiB) Viewed 583 times
upnp.png
upnp.png (10.89 KiB) Viewed 583 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

doing a trace on my network DNS from an outside server I do get an A Record back with my IP address so that is working...
Be Safe.