NV4216 no camera feeds ONLY on web UI

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
softbox

Re: NV4216 no camera feeds ONLY on web UI

Post by softbox »

I am not using UPNP due to potential security issues. I have everything manually set up in my pfsense firewall.

If my port forwarding wasn't working, then I shouldn't be able to view from my iOS app or the Amcrest Surveillance Pro desktop app.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I am not sure I would maybe send support a email or call the 1-888-212-7538 and see if they can't help you there might be something in the system fW and might need to send you the FW again for flashing.. It is a Pain in the back side to have to Reset the system.. I did a Factory Reset of mine yesterday because I didn't like the camera placement and wanted to setup again Fresh with my POE Cameras plugged into the write port for the Placement of where I wanted the cameras in my NVR..

One thing I will say just for all things to be write, I wouldn't export the setup and import after a Reset just do everything over again to make sure things are right... Sadly not sure what is going on and maybe Amcrest with some tier of support should have some better ideas about what is needed to fix it...
Be Safe.
softbox

Post by softbox »

Thanks. I put in a support ticket with Amcrest 4 days ago, and haven't heard back. hopefully they'll reply soon.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am going to guess that maybe Monday they might get back to you on this.. However it might be another thing that with these being Semi New product and there may not be many Support that cover the AI products yet.. Then if your Ticket is found to be over the Normal Level of Support it might go to an upper lever support member.. Again I would guess there will be a limited number of staff members for AI at this time with the Covid and all.. I know everyone is tired of hearing it but sadly it still effects some companies and the amount of staff they can have at any given time... A couple years ago I was about to give up on getting a Call from Support and was in fact Writing a Email to just cancel my Ticket when I got the call.. After about an hour and going over many different things the issue was solved and the support staff honestly made it worth the wait in the End seeing things were working as I expected them too...

Personally I have Reset my NVR 4 times already since I have owned it and as of today my camera maybe 6 or 7 times with the last one being Reset a couple of hours while still being connected to the NVR's POE port.. Trying to cure an issue I am having. Biggest chore if Resetting this NVR is the Cameras connected to the POE ports lol..

Picture Quality is rather good even with my older 2mp cameras I am rather impressed.. Somethings need some work and hope it gets cured in the next update and I will be sharing that info with Support to get that info up the chain..

My biggest issue so far is there don't seem to be any way to set an ROI for Face Rec and Det and the NVR is capturing the house across the street as a human. 2 houses.. I have changed the cameras setup right now to work as IVS and working with some cameras with less of a FOV to try and find the best Face Capture.. It isn't as easy as one of my older systems with the human detection and sadly they updated FW in that camera and no longer functions but was Good Tech while it was working.. With most new things after a FW update or 2 things will get much better or one hopes it will anyway..
Be Safe.
softbox

Post by softbox »

They finally replied today, asking if I've tried lowering the resolution of the cameras (they think it's due to bandwidth issues). I don't believe this is the case.

The NVR is port forwarded. My IP5M turret camera is port forwarded. I can access the port forwarded IP5M video feed just fine using the web UI, but I cannot access the video feed of the camera through the NVR we UI. So it's either something with the NVR, or with port forwarding rules.

I just tried this on my home NV5216, and discovered I have the same issue. I can access the NVR web UI via port forwarding, but all the camera feeds are just spinning. With port forwarding in place, I can still access via my phone app or desktop app, so it's definitely something with how the web UI processes/streams the feed. I wonder if there's a port that needs to be forwarded that they haven't documented.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I have an IDEA...

If not well under stood please feel free to watch this Fast VIDEO sorry I didn't edit it and there is a few moments that I lost Video Feed trying to show one of the wrong cameras anyway lol.. https://youtu.be/4hX24tN3bKg

So I will try and Explain and you won't have to watch the Video maybe lol..

So I would try one to start with for KICKS and if it works then do the rest, What you need to do is Login using WebUI over Chrome or IE either way.. Go to your Management, Cameras, then looking over to the Right might have to use the scroll bar if screen is small look over to see if you can see an (e). I would do the first one as one that is most important camera.. Click that e and if it open another tab as it should it should give you a PORT number like in my Video it is 10081 my guess is that you will need to Forward that port for that camera to come up?
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is another Idea.. Just had it happen to me where I was trying to load the Stream in Chrome WebUI.. It wouldn't load if I tired to use Main I have to use Sub.. Logged out and I reloaded the WebUI in IE and I was able to run Main and Sub without the SPIN...

If your trying in Chrome only or trying to load only M try Sub and or Try IE...
Be Safe.
softbox

Post by softbox »

Sadly, substream still does not work.

So here's what's weird. On MacOS, it doesn't work when using Chrome or Safari. On Windows 10, It doesn't work on Chrome or Microsoft Edge. But, it DOES seem to work on Internet Explorer, AFTER I allow it to install and run some sort of plugin

https://imgur.com/a/Nmexgiu
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah sadly 90% of what I do is still within IE even though the Camera and NVR both are new FW with Chrome ability.. Personally I don't like that it seems to Scale back in Chrome and I am going to guess is more of Coding for being new in Chrome and Edge then in IE and all things are still able in IE..

Personally I would open a Ticket and if what Amcrest can do to help you out there might be a port or something that is going on Chrome that isn't needed in IE I am not sure sure..
https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
Just follow the info of what you need, if it isn't filled out enough it will not submit..

Sorry couldn't be better help
Be Safe.