NV4116E-HS updated firmware

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rsabol77

NV4116E-HS updated firmware

Post by rsabol77 »

So I updated firmware on my cameras and NVR. I like the ability to use chrome directly to log in and the interface updates. I have an issue now with notifications from motion. They are very delayed. I have seen 2 or more hours before getting a notification. Before update it was instant. Any ideas or thing I can check?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4116E-HS updated firmware

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly if you went from 2018 FW to the NEW 2019 or 2020 FW you might want to do a System Reset on the NVR. I did and mine come instant.

However that isn't 100% true either because I soon after the update found that in some cases I wasn't getting any pictures if that is how you have your set. While I would get Instant Notices I have it setup for Images and the NEW FW is kind of strange with that. Even though there is no way to look at them on the NVR anymore only way is though the App and I guess was an Oversight On Amcrest and hope it will be fixed in later Updates.. One thing that I found was that the Camera has to be setup for Images as well.. If the camera Setup area lacks the Recording of Images I will not get any images from the NVR for that Channel. Where before it wasn't setup that way. Before you asked for IMage you got image as long as your Recorder was setup to record snapshots in the HDD area...

So once I updated my cameras that I have never had setup for snapshots because I only used it on the NVR or DVR for that now I get them without delay.

One last thing, Before it was constant 3 if I asked for 3 and 5 if I asked for 5 some reason this time I get most the times 3 some times more depending on how much motion is in a scene. However there are times that I should have got 3 that only 2 came and while it does look like a movie when played I can tell by image placement how many images I get but yeah I would look at 1 making sure the HDD area is setup, 2 the camera is setup to record images out side of that you could try to setup Notice for Live Feed only and that should be INstant notice on an event.

Seeing your using a POE NVR it can be a pain to access camera for fixing this. If your machine don't have Virtual Host setup that is one way but a Direct Connection to the Camera is best for me anyway.. One way to get this is to run a Cable from your Network switch to a port on the back of the NVR. Then setup a Computer to have same Ip Range as the NVR's back end.. THen you can make all the changes you need. Keep in mind you will want to plug the camera back in to the one you took out of and put in another one for fixing the camera that you removed if you don't it will or could get upset with being in the Wrong port.. If you have an open port then no issue. Just mean. If you took Camera from Ch16 to make the cable pass, once all other cameras are setup take from ch15 and put ch16 back in ch16 then make the change on that camera as well. .. I know that looks like a mess just trying to make it clear what I am talking about..

To be fair as I said starting the post, If you went from older 2018 or 17 FW to the 2020 it might just need a Hardware Reset to cure your problems however that would mean it would all need to be setup again. Also doing a Backup before (Older FW) will not work in new FW on a Restore so keep that in mind as well..

1 Last thing. IF you have Multi Admins you will want to make a Change to all admin accounts but the main to remove the Ability to turn off the Machine by Remote that is not something I am cool with having as a feature and sadly by removing them from that ability also will make it so they can't Reboot it either Just keep in mind of you don't remove that feature from the Extra admins you have while your away you could log in with the system shut down and wouldn't know it was offline unless you tried to playback and found it was not recording..
Be Safe.
rsabol77

Post by rsabol77 »

I don't see me starting over on my setup and reprogram all my zones and everything. If I am going to go through all that trouble I will get something else that I know will work and use this as an experience of what I am looking for. More then likely I would go to a PC based setup. Thank you I appreciate your response.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I mean there might be some that needs some adjustments of they are non Amcrest cameras or ones within the area of Amcrest.. Meaning ONVIF over Private when setting up. Then your NVR is POE so most of the data should be pulled from the cameras and main things to fix would be Network IP, Email, FTP, Record info for Schedules and things of such and most of your Zone and Grid data should be already within the camera so the NVR after a Reset would pull that data off the connected camera..
Be Safe.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

I finally bit the bullet after a major redo of the wiring for things, the new (4.x) firmware is great, it essentially turns your 4xxx NVR into a 5xxx NVR. The only thing to remember is to do a factory reset when you upgrade, don't try and retain the previous settings. Among some major gripes that are now fixed, Gmail works again for notifications, there's a reboot and power-off option in the config, and a lot of minor improvements in the UI.