NV4116E-HS HARD DRIVE Max Capacity

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
doritos

NV4116E-HS HARD DRIVE Max Capacity

Post by doritos »

I am going to upgrade HD though I read on the user manual this model has a max of 8TB hard drive and in the product line description on the site it says max is 6TB.
So it the max allowed capacity for a replacement hard drive 6TB or 8TB?
This is the NV4116E-HS to reconfirm.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4116E-HS HARD DRIVE Max Capacity

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it is hard to say at times.. Some times they make a manual that supports more then 1 device and so the max HDD that your seeing might be for a different NVR.. Personally I would expect that 6tb is going to the the one needed. At times they say in the Doc for support that 1 type is good and later found that it didn't work for all devices for one reason or another so they then Put the lower and most stable HDD size on the Stats page off the web..

So another issue might have been when the NVR was first released it was working with the 8tb however with Chips as things age they might not have been able to source that chip anymore and the newer devices are only able to support the 6tb HDD and the manual was already Mass produced and or that was a misprint there.. 6tb is the best bet..
Be Safe.
doritos

Re: NV4116E-HS HARD DRIVE Max Capacity

Post by doritos »

Hello Revo2Maxx. Somehow I knew you would post first. I was looking at the forum on my postings last year. Just in the last 2 month I started to set up this system and your comments now are more understandable to me. Again thanks and 6TB it will be.
I put the system aside the last months but now a better understanding of the NVR system usage via phone, computer and thru NVR. Upgraded to 1G fiber modem in Nov. so I am glad I did running two systems and all the computer stuff and IOT'S. Plenty of speed.