NV4116E-HS Default View selects different streams?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
grants

NV4116E-HS Default View selects different streams?

Post by grants »

This isn't a big issue, but it's sort of annoying.

The setup: I have 7 cameras with the default 3x3 grid view. All cameras have substream 1 and substream 2 enabled, as well as the main stream that's recorded directly to the NVR at all times. I also use Zoneminder that requires substream 2, and I use substream 1 for my android app.

The issue I'm referring to going forward exists specifically on the NVR display. It CONSTANTLY defaults to the following:

Camera 1: S1
Camera 2: S2
Camera 3: S2
Camera 4: M
Camera 5: S2
Camera 6: S2
Camera 7: S2

I can switch them all to S1 or S2 using the little popup menu on each camera display, and that's fine, but after going into the main menu (or playback or anything other than viewing 3x3 layout) and going back to the default 3x3 view, everything goes back to the above mentioned streams. In other words, it never remembers my selections.

Is there a way to make it use the SAME substream on my NVR display at ALL times?

THANKS.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4116E-HS Default View selects different streams?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

hello and Welcome to the Forum...

I am only going to make a guess here... At times when you use a 3rd party or even a different software it will make changes to the Normal view of your system to suite its needs...

Then you can also setup what records events and such things like that as well.. SO there is a lot of things that could go on S1 or S2 as well for space saving so might want to check that within the NVR...

SO under your events make sure if you have motion setup you set them all to the same stream?

Sorry not there so I can't see what is going on and can only guess from what I have seen with my own system setup while I don't have the 4116-HS I do have the 2116-hs and 4108H
Be Safe.