NV4116E-HS and WiiFi

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Dwmckie

NV4116E-HS and WiiFi

Post by Dwmckie »

I was looking at the Amcrest NV4116E-HS NVR for a home security system, but I had a question or two.

1. The specs say that a hardwired connection to the modem is required. Since my modem is on the other side of the home from where the NVR would be, this is a problem. Are there any ways to connect the NVR to the home network that would not require a hardwired connection, say using a wireless access point or wireless bridge?

2. Assuming that I have the Amcrest NV4116E-HS, would I still be able to access the security cameras from another PC using Amcrest software or perhaps Blue Iris? Or would this cause conflicts within the system?

Thanks for any help.

Dwmckie
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4116E-HS and WiiFi

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

One I am not 100% sure if you need to be connected to internet per say... However to connect with Wifi cameras unless that model has Wifi Built in would need to be connect to a router the same one that your wifi camera are on.

About using Blue Iris? Why if you have NVR would you want to have a PC that would have to have High Power and on 24/7 when you have the NVR recording already?

If you connect a computer on the POE side of your NVR then you would be able to connect to your other camera past the NVR I would say for making updates to cameras and config changes that the NVR might not want to make well. Computer could.
Be Safe.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

Dwmckie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 am I was looking at the Amcrest NV4116E-HS NVR for a home security system, but I had a question or two.

1. The specs say that a hardwired connection to the modem is required. Since my modem is on the other side of the home from where the NVR would be, this is a problem. Are there any ways to connect the NVR to the home network that would not require a hardwired connection, say using a wireless access point or wireless bridge?

2. Assuming that I have the Amcrest NV4116E-HS, would I still be able to access the security cameras from another PC using Amcrest software or perhaps Blue Iris? Or would this cause conflicts within the system?

Thanks for any help.

Dwmckie
I use a set of these. https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-AV600-Po ... 0647&psc=1
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Dwmckie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 am I was looking at the Amcrest NV4116E-HS NVR for a home security system, but I had a question or two.

Thanks for any help.

Dwmckie
1. I suggest you first try a powerline ethernet adapter.
2. You could access the NVR on a PC using Amcrest Surveillance Pro or Web UI, or on android/IOS devices with Amcrest View Pro. I think Blue Iris could also access the NVR but I'm not sure of the implications.
Dwmckie

Post by Dwmckie »

jack7 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Thanks for any help.

Dwmckie
1. I suggest you first try a powerline ethernet adapter.
2. You could access the NVR on a PC using Amcrest Surveillance Pro or Web UI, or on android/IOS devices with Amcrest View Pro. I think Blue Iris could also access the NVR but I'm not sure of the implications.
Hi Jack7,

Thanks for your reply. You know, using those powerline adapters did come to mind, but I had used them a couple of years ago and had very unstable results. Granted, that was a couple of years ago, so the tech may have changed. Had you tried them yourself, and if so, did you experience any lags in streaming the camera video?

And also thanks about the NVR info.

Dwmckie
jack7

Post by jack7 »

No, but in the post above mine that I didn't see before, geronimo said he uses a powerline adapter. I've seen many positive comments before but I believe it mainly depends on your house wiring setup, and potential interference.
A wireless access point with an ethernet port could be an option.
Or if wifi distance is too great: Ubiquiti Loco M2 or M5.
Or if cable outlets in both locations, try MOCA adapters.
Or the best way may be to just have an ethernet cable installed.
Dwmckie

Post by Dwmckie »

geronimo wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Thanks for any help.

Dwmckie
I use a set of these. https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-AV600-Po ... 0647&psc=1
Hi geronimo,

Thanks for the info. I remember using adapters such as these a few years back, and had problems with them. Granted, that's a few years, so the tech may have changed. Do you have any issues with these? Are you able to maintain a consistent connection?

Dwmckie