NV4116-HS onvif camera names revert to IPC

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ExTechjunkie

NV4116-HS onvif camera names revert to IPC

Post by ExTechjunkie »

Since the last NVR firmware update, I find that any time there is any addition or removal of any one camera, say for example, one of the POE cams reboots, then ALL of my ONVIF camera names in the NVR revert to "IPC" and I have to rename them again. It's a major pain in the butt. Amcrest will reliably say, "we recommend you use Amcrest cameras", as if the problem is somehow caused by the ONVIF cameras. This behavior didn't exist prior to the last firmware update and it's clearly an NVR problem, as the channel names within the ONVIF cams retain their names throughout. I'll ask for a fix to this as a feature request but I'm not holding my breath.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4116-HS onvif camera names revert to IPC

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to hear your having some issues with your Camera Naming.. Sadly I have a NVR on older FW that has been doing the same thing.. However I think I just found out that I might have been one that caused that.. 1 I have a few to many Recorders it would seem.. I am not sure what one has caused this but after making connection and or Doing a Factory Reset of my HS NVR I seen the cameras were no longer being named just comes in with Cam# what is odd about this is I have not been looking at the Camera WebUI until after seeing your post and Oddly this has been changed and is in the Name area of the Camera WebUI and now understand why some of my Cameras are not loading with name any longer because some how they are named Cam# now.. Oddly looking at CH7 it isn't showing a Name so I go to look at the WebUI of that camera and it too has been changed to Cam7 but has the Display name setting to disable HUH? I have always had my systems setup for name on... I know for sure that has been on in the past because I have done some Videos on that camera with another one and both are on.. However I can't or don't know what NVR I can fault.. I am giong to guess that it may have been one of my Older Units that has made this change in Naming but I would need some time to test this out...

I wonder have you had your Cameras on your NVR and another Recording medium at the same time or jump from one to another around the time you did your Update? Or is this only Recorder this has been on? Like maybe had them Pulled in ASP and PC-NVR?
Be Safe.