NV4116-HS and non ONVIF cameras

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kylakerider

NV4116-HS and non ONVIF cameras

Post by kylakerider »

Will the NV4116-HS support non ONVIF cameras? I have a number of very old Foscam 640x480 IP cameras that I plan to replace but not right away. I'm thinking of the NV4116-HS but not sure if these older cameras will work at all. I don't need any PTZ function on them, just plain simple video (not even audio). Any thoughts on this appreciated. Oh, and if there is another model of NVR that would work better, is under $200 and has 16ch IP (no POE) that I could consider too. Thanks in advance.
Paul
jack7

Re: NV4116-HS and non ONVIF cameras

Post by jack7 »

You should be able to use your Foscam cameras with an Amcrest NVR. In NVR, use Manual Add Device and specify Foscam as manufacturer.
kylakerider

Post by kylakerider »

Sounds good. thanks.
ps: I keep getting the stock answer from Amcrest that it is not recommended and features are unavailable. I get that, but I wish they would just say something like "some do work and some do not" at least then I'll know that there is a chance. Your answer is very helpful. Thanks.
Paul
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

I can't say whether your old Foscams will work with an Amcrest NVR. I do know that my Foscam F18910W is not recognized by Amcrest Surveillance Pro nor Amcrest IP Config.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

kylakerider,
"some do work and some do not" is probably applicable.
My earlier reply was based on a pdf manual I have named Amcrest Network Video Recorder User Manual which says "Please note the manual add function is for Foscam, Dahua, Panasonic, Sony, Dynacolor, Samsung, AXIS, Arecont, ONVIF, and Custom". That may not apply now to all Amcrest NVR/Foscam models.
kylakerider

Post by kylakerider »

Good input on the Foscam F18910W. I think that some of mine are indeed that model. I've decided to go with the 4116 NVR and give it a try. There is a 30 day return policy with Foscam (and through Amazon). That should be enough time for me to give it a fair try. And I suppose it's hard to justify buying a new NVR for very old legacy cameras.
Thanks guys.
Paul
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

kylakerider wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:10 pm Good input on the Foscam F18910W. I think that some of mine are indeed that model. I've decided to go with the 4116 NVR and give it a try. There is a 30 day return policy with Foscam (and through Amazon). That should be enough time for me to give it a fair try. And I suppose it's hard to justify buying a new NVR for very old legacy cameras.
Thanks guys.
Paul
Please let us know how it goes.
smithduluth

Post by smithduluth »

I have 2 Foscam FI9831W that provide live video with the latest Foscam firmware (patch 5, 7/19/19) that enables onvif on these cameras, but I have not been able to get motion detection to work through the NVR. The cameras send me alert 3 picture shots via email, but thats all.