nv4108HS love it but 1 question. or 2.

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
savvy2

nv4108HS love it but 1 question. or 2.

Post by savvy2 »

day1 all is perfect works all ways and best far from home with Seamonky on real PCs W10-64bit pro.
All my Foscam's (bought at old Amcrest (Houston) new, all work here. FI9805P and 31P (ON-vif done easy)
Seamonkey runs with no plugins, love this.. fact, and why I'm keeping this NVR.

q1: the PS: the SSL certificate dates on mine are. (per digicert dot com)
“Valid from 11/Nov/2012 to 09/Nov/2022 and not trusted ! weak public key.”
on this day what then?>

q2 will these NVR products ever go to pure html5 code so all browser modern work? (remote)
with plug in, or at lease one that stays put?> even hand loaded to extensions>

Are the new NVR , with new designed AVR WEB pages?
HDD working in 15min install easy , cables in the box, new from Amazon.

and that APPL. Surveillance pro is , a true DIAMOND and makes local setup a breeze.
Love your camera's for 2010 to now , 2015 all changed again upgrades. (long time user)
plusfour

Re: nv4108HS love it but 1 question. or 2.

Post by plusfour »

savvy2 wrote:q1: the PS: the SSL certificate dates on mine are. (per digicert dot com)
“Valid from 11/Nov/2012 to 09/Nov/2022 and not trusted ! weak public key.”
on this day what then?>
Weak when referenced to what? If you're Paypal and being accessed by millions of users and subject to active attack then "weak" there is very different to an NVR on a private network accessed by one user and subject to no attack. I don't even use SSL for my NVR, since anyone able to get to its network connection would already have to be inside the building.
smithduluth

NV4108HS with Foscam onvif

Post by smithduluth »

I have 2 Foscam FI9831W that I recently got somewhat working on my NV4108-HS. The Foscams are running the latest 2019 patch firmware and onvif. The problem I am having is that when my supervisor login time expires that the Foscam video becomes locked out on screen even though the cameras are still sending data according to the 9th frame in the view 9 display. Logging back in again enables their display. My four Amcrest cameras continue to display on screen just fine. I also do not get any motion detection on the Foscams which is probably a result of the lock problem.

EDIT: I am answering my own question. Under Settings/System/General/Monitor Channel(s)... I did not have D5 and D6 (Foscams) checked. Now the Foscams no longer lock out when the supervisor login expires.
geronimo

Re: NV4108HS with Foscam onvif

Post by geronimo »

smithduluth wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:00 am I have 2 Foscam FI9831W that I recently got somewhat working on my NV4108-HS. The Foscams are running the latest 2019 patch firmware and onvif.
Where do you find firmware updates for Foscam's? I thought the Foscam website just directed you to Amcrest.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@geronimo you can get update at Foscam if they offer it for your product https://foscam.com/downloads/index.html
Be Safe.
smithduluth

Post by smithduluth »

I have 2 Foscam FI9831W with 2019 firmware running onvif. They show up just fine on live view but movement is not detected or recorded by the NVR. The Foscams send me emails when movement is detected however.