NV4108E VERY slow viewing, low fps

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
altitude7200

NV4108E VERY slow viewing, low fps

Post by altitude7200 »

I've had a few assorted IPcams around the house for about 10 years, I've been viewing them via port forwarding and ipcamviewer app when I'm away. They have mostly always been fast, responsive, and reliable. Some Amcrest, some off brands. I bought the NV4108E hoping to actually record as well. I got most of the cameras set up on it, all wireless except one poe. Now I can't access the cameras via ipcamviewer app, fine, I'll use the amcrest app on my androids. But it's crazy slow. Like sometimes over a minute before the camera video loads, and there's such a low frame rate that I can't hear or transmit audio, or PTZ.
This happens whether my phone is logged in to my home WIFI or if i'm out of the house on 5g or some other wifi. No change. I feel like when I first set it up it wasn't this bad, but it somehow is terrible now.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E VERY slow viewing, low fps

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

I would double check that your not changing the mode to h.265 only and that your cameras on your system are setup with a good FPS and bit rate. Also make sure that your NVR has a good connection to your network. If you have a different port to connect your NVR try another port and even another Ethernet cable to see if that improves your slow and low connection speeds.
Be Safe.