NV4108E-HS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Richiegan

NV4108E-HS

Post by Richiegan »

I recently updated the firmware on my IP4M-1026, IP4M-1028EB and my IP4M-1055EW, the system rebooted and I then upgraded the NV4108E-HS, now the system will not recognize any of my cameras. I called support and they could not figure the problem out. I was told I would get a call fron Huston but nothing as yet. Does anyone know how long it takes Huston to get in touch with customers?, or has anyone had this issue.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-HS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum

Sadly back some time ago I was waiting for a call and gave up on it and then they called.. Sadly it is hard to say.. Sometimes this can take some time because they want to setup something to your like kind and see if they can get it to do the same.. This way if they can they can try and fix it before they call.. If they can't they can go over things as it goes with the call..

SO I am not sure what you and the online support tried

So First I would and no one wants to but I would do a Factory Reset on both NVR and the cameras...
Then if your able to log into the Cameras. I would turn onvif Auth off for testing and try to connect your cameras this is of course after you have tried to connect after a Reset...

Also I am going to guess that you have a POE switch or an Injector so you can access the cameras without them being connected to the NVR? If not you should pick one up it would be easier to trouble shoot things..

IN your NVR does it list anything in the Networking window for your cameras when you do a search? Sadly don't know what was done sorry for all the questions those are things I would do first trying to make a connection...
Be Safe.
mdhenri

Post by mdhenri »

Hello, First time poster and new to NVRs and Amcrest. Here's what I have and here's the questions/problems I am having.
NVR: NV4108E-HS 4K 8CH POE (Here I am a bit confused, because from what I have seen, the -HS means it does NOT
have the built in POE Switch, this one does.)
Cameras (2): IP8M-2493EW
Network Architecture: Ubiquiti: Security Gateway, Managed Switch, Cloud Key, 3 APs, various unmanaged, non Ubiquiti switches. 4 Networks/4 SSIDS (Guest,IOT, Surveillance, Everything Else)

I've got them hooked up, the NVR is on the Surveillance Network 192.168.2.X, I can see and manipulate the two cameras locally. I can see and manipulate on my iPhone using the Amcrest Pro App, provided I am on my Home SSID. The cameras have been assigned 10.1.1.X, 10.1.1.Y respectively by the NVR, I say that because I didn't assign them those addresses. I have tried several videos on how to configure for remote access but I think I may be missing something. Most or all videos make it appear as if there is no NVR assigning the IP address. I do not see the cameras from my Unifi control panel but do see the NVR.

- Should I force the Cameras to be on 192.168.2.X network or is the 10.1.1.X still OK? At the moment on the browser of my laptop the auto search only found the NVR which it still says is offline. Could I please get some advise? Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@mdhenri Hello and welcome to the forum

in the future unless your issue is on topic with the OP i would say start a new Topic with your problem..

To your first part the HS is saying that your system is 4k there is a 4108h <- not 4k and there is a 4108E that is not 4k with yours having HS it is updated model with 4k where the others are for upto 5mp...

Issues with the NVR being POE and the cameras being added to the PORTS on the NVR they are going into a DHCP NVR that will hand out IP's as cameras are loaded unless you turn off your NVR as being a DHCP server..

This means your NVR is also working as a Firewall from outside hackers from hacking your cameras if they are not connected to your Normal Network then they can't be accessed from your normal net without setting up some creative port mirroring on a Switch..

To get into your cameras one needs to add them to the Normal Network range and or setup a computer on the backside of the NVR.. Some have had luck with this and others not so much...

One thing on Common practice is to have a POE injector if you don't have a POE switch take the camera from NVR connect to Injector and make changes inside of WebUI for the camera...

Or have a NVR like mine that has all the cameras POE and non POE alike connected to a common Switch and have the cameras working on your normal network.. Main issue with this is you have to setup all cameras on your network and add to your NVR and to be honest you can have your NVR find cameras that are in other areas of range and make changes if they are not setup as DHCP as some of mine were set by factory as Static on like 192.168.1.108 so I have my computer with multi IP setup ranges so I can access each as needed to make changes to the camera if the IP tool fails to make IP changes or the NVR fails to find the camera in question...
Be Safe.
Richiegan

Post by Richiegan »

Thanks for all the responses, i am going to give Huston 2-3 more days then I'll try the factory reset and see if that works. I'll keep you guys informed as to the result. Thanks again for all the suggestions, also heading to Walli World to try and get a POE injector.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not home right now so hard to say but might be hard to find one at wally world... To be honest I would buy a small 5 port poe+ switch off cdw or Amazon or maybe best buy but sure they will cost more with over head and all
Be Safe.
tony2018

Post by tony2018 »

Hi,

I have the NV4108E-HS, it does have POE ports. I almost ran into this issue but after a couple reboots the cameras came back. I did the same order as OP, update cameras 1st and then the NVR. But in the end I ended up doing a factory reset because of another issue I was having.
tony2018

Post by tony2018 »

I think this system might be going up for sale...disappointing.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah sorry to hear that.. I am not 100% sure but if you look at the Firmware page https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads you can see that on your NVR 4108E-HS there are 2 FW packages on the page one for 2020 that from what i hear is problematic and one from 2018 and seems your machine is only one with the older FW listed.. SO keep in mind it might have been an oversite and or it might be as I was told they were working on trying to make it so people could Downgrade again if needed... Sadly mine the 2116-HS and that model range don't have older FW and as such I have not updated mine to the 2020 one yet..

If it was mine I would maybe try a Downgrade in FW and see if that solves your problems.. I have been talking about buying a new 4108 seeing mine is the H and not POE either I went with a smaller 2116-hs when I went to 4k NVR from the 5mp 4108H.. To be honest there was some issues people were talking about and didn't hear about them on the 2116-HS so I went with that one... Besides the size of the unit I am not sure what the difference is..
Be Safe.