NV4108E-HS screens keep changing to Main Stream HD mode

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
fjl05

NV4108E-HS screens keep changing to Main Stream HD mode

Post by fjl05 »

I got a NV4108E-HS, got it setup and cameras running. Problem is every time I change streams to like 4 screen view or 9 screen view, 8 view, some of the screens display the Main Stream meaning they are running in HD. I want all of them to default to the sub stream where its not in HD and not hogging up bandwidth. How do i accomplish this?

I am fine with View 8 having the big screen running in HD mode as long as all the other smaller screens run in Sub Stream. But everytime I switch to View 8 some of the small screens are running in HD mode. Is there a fix to this?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-HS screens keep changing to Main Stream HD mode

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry not really sure that I understand..

You talking about in WebUI or the NVR GUI?

Know you said Stream so I am guessing your talking about WebUI!?

Windows? Mac? Chrome or IE? or Some other?

I know that normally 8ch mode will have 1 ch in Full and the other 7 in the Sub

So on the WebUI,, You can on the right of the channel drop down and choose Main and Sub Then you can save your view for when you return to turn them on
13View with 16split, I covered up some channels that don't need to be seen.. Others have been seen before so they are ok to show..
13view16Split.png
13view16Split.png (375.36 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
6view with 4Split in Spot 1
6view.png
6view.png (735.45 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a Picture showing where to change the Main or Sub. However on this NVR it don't have the Fast load option and sadly my 4108E-HS is broken atm I can't find any older pictures of the WebUI this picture is of a Newer 16ch NVR but same idea..

Also what FW are you running? Older then the Current or the last on Website?
Screenshot (558).png
Screenshot (558).png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 1384 times
Be Safe.
fjl05

Post by fjl05 »

sorry I didnt give all the info on the first post.
I'm talking strictly about the NV4108E's GUI.
I have the NVR connected to a monitor and use the provided small mouse that comes with the NVR to navigate and control the camera views. I'm not using any Web or PC based GUI, just the GUI that the NVR displays to a tv.

Also, according to the NVR the firmware has a Build date of 05-21-2020
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, Yeah sadly I am not sure to be honest.. Are these cameras that are connected VIA the POE ports or are they on your normal Network?

Some things to look into..

First and sorry to be such a Repeat of these but I would check your cables and if they are CCA change them out.. POE cameras will get damaged using CCA and while I don't want to say all POE cameras will because I do have a Couple that I have tested a 6' cable on a POE camera that the cable killed one of my Other 4mp cameras just plugging in the camera.

So not all cameras will be damaged by the cables but it is a HUGE risk...

Next and this really only going to be easy if your connected to a Switch. However you could TRY a different port if the cables are not CCA... ON the POE PORT of the NVR it will change things but doing so can test if the issue is port related... Also if your using a Managed POE Switch you could look at your Switch for tell tell signs of issues on the PORT or machine logs... In my 2 pictures the first 12 are POE ports and the last 12 are normal ports however I wanted to show on port 12 you will see there is no issue and to be honest on 15 there is no issue however that is where I connect cameras for testing and setup and when I disconnect a camera it can cause a Drop so it is showing that port has had loads of Drops. However lets say that was your Port and nothing was plugged in a removed alot it was just 1 camera always plugged in and looked like that then you would know there is a problem with that port would want to look it over for damage or bad cord Also a lot of my POE devices are not connected to my POE NVR's so they are not on my Switch besides the 3 that are showing as doing some work on them off my normal non POE NVR's.. So they stay on the switch for right now...
PortStatus.png
PortStatus.png (35.78 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
SwitchDrops.png
SwitchDrops.png (36.13 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
Be Safe.
fjl05

Post by fjl05 »

all my cables are solid Cat5e copper going from the PoE+ switch directly to the cameras. And honestly I dont think my issue has anything to do with cables. I'm certain my issue is simply with the NVR's gui. I just need all views to run in Sub Stream instead of the main stream. Because the main stream is obviously set to a high FPS and resolution and viewing many channels at once in HD is sure to cause some problems along the way.

Is this perhaps a question I should get in contact directly with Amcrest support to figure out? But I'm guessing they probably can't help since it seems they dont have someone in Tech help answering many questions. From all the questions I've asked its third party friendly people helping me instead of the amcrest team... :cry:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well might want to ask support? Personally I can't say that I have ever seen any of my Screens on my NVR GUI in any of my 6 versions of NVR's that I own. Only one I know on the normal GUI that would run in HD is on the 8ch Split unless it was setup for a Custom Split like I can setup a 5ch, and a 6ch split, 10ch splits on my NVR.. However even they all don't do HD on the larger..

Outside of this it only leaves one last thing I can think of.. On some of my cameras I have no options outside of no display for the smaller views on my Splits for some of my cameras only have 1 Stream... So if by some chance your camera is like some of mine from years ago like my Samsung 7001 and 1001, 5200 and 5321 it might be they only have 1 stream and either don't display or can only display on a HD Stream..
IF they are Amcrest cameras, I would double check and make sure that your streams are turned on?

So on one of my NVR's the Sub Stream don't like to scale down or above 640x480 and if by chance one of my cameras is running D1 that is I think if memory is right 704x480 or something like that it could either not display or act up. Another thing with in the Sub Stream it might be the Compression is off, Maybe if your running your main at H.265 it could be that the Sub needs to be set at H.264 or even H.264h or b to make it look right..

Also please note that some machines have things setup for Events and General.. In playback if you have your system setup to playback with general, motion and alarm kind of setup it very well might be that it will change in playback to what ever it was recorded in..

Sorry I am not sure..
https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
That is the link to setup a Support Ticket for your problem. IF you don't fill out the info right or enough it either will reject or delay your ticket support time.. Also please note that Amcrest is training some support staff and some support issues might be delayed longer then normal..
Be Safe.