NV4108E-HS - Resolution Problem

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
care1235

NV4108E-HS - Resolution Problem

Post by care1235 »

Hello, my Amcrest NV4108E-HS I believe was set to a higher resolution than the monitor can show. It was working fine up until a few hours ago.

I think the resolution is set to 4k, and my monitor or HDMI display cable are only supporting 1920x1080.

This is a work setup; it has the front of some buildings on the cameras. I don't know the password as this was setup before I was ever employed here.

I don't know the password to login through the router, and I don't have a 4k monitor.

Why doesn't it revert back to it's original resolution (1920x1080) after 10 seconds? like most software now.

Does anyone know if there's a way to resolve this? Is it still recording at 4k resolution? It's still on, nothing was changed but the resolution.

Please help!

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-HS - Resolution Problem

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

Sadly without the password you are stuck with no ability to watch the feeds. Is the system still recording, it should be as long as the system is setup to Overwrite and or the system HDD was not already filled to the max if it wasn't setup to overwrite.

Without knowing the password there is nothing that can be done if your D-sub isn't setup for lower output. Some might be setup for 1 output only where other systems the D-Sub only works upto 1080P. If you happen to have a monitor with D-Sub I would try to connect that and then change the Dispaly back to 1080P for the output.. If not able to see picture because it is setup for 4k. Then would need to reset the NVR back to Factory and setup the NVR back the cameras. Issue with this seeing it is a NVR, you will need to Reset the Cameras if they were also setup right the first time *Chaning the default password* however if in the event they were left stock then admin admin would work for the cameras on reloading the NVR..

Something you could try. Asking the owner of the business what the password is? Asking the X employee what the password is, maybe the system was setup with a password reset using WebUI, click on forgot password and might be able to either get a reset code to the password reset email if one was setup. Should when it comes to a business NVR be setup to the Owner of the Business incase something like an Employee made changes to the NVR the owner would be able to recover the NVR.

If there is no access to the NVR WebUI or have access to the owners email for a Password reset without a reset button inside the NVR would need to be replaced.
Be Safe.