NV4108E-HS Problems

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Jakefarley

NV4108E-HS Problems

Post by Jakefarley »

I have this NVR with 6 cameras as follows: 1 - IP4M-1028E and 5 - IP4M-1026E. The NVR is connected to a modem/wireless router supplied by Spectrum (Brighthouse). On occasion the NVR loses connectivity with the cameras (all of them) with the message 10.1.1.134 "Can not find the network host" on the monitor connected directly to the NVR. I reboot the NVR and the cameras all come back. On occasion, I lose one or two cameras and rebooting the NVR solves the problem temporarily. Also, sometimes a camera goes out for a few minutes and then comes back. All of the camera firmware is up to date as well as the NVR firmware.

Also, unplugging the Cat5 cable between the NVR and modem/router will cause the same problem. Sounds like a network problem within the NVR perhaps.

Amcrest support has recommended a factory reset (unplug the NVR for 2-3 days). I was wondering if a factory reset can be performed by pressing a reset button on the board (see pic below - red arrow) or by removing the battery (green arrow)?

Any help on performing the factory reset or solving the connectivity problem would be greatly appreciated.
Inked20190128_114103_LI.jpg
Inked20190128_114103_LI.jpg (4.63 MiB) Viewed 1675 times
Z-Man

Re: NV4108E-HS Problems

Post by Z-Man »

I used to have a similar problem where I'd lose cameras periodically. Come to find out, the IP addresses would change. I fixed that by using static IPs. Then I switched over to the private network of the NVR (10.1.1.x). I haven't had any drops since.