NV4108E-HS Local Display Resolution

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
the202

NV4108E-HS Local Display Resolution

Post by the202 »

I recently purchased and deployed a NV4018E-HS NVR (w/5 IP8M-2496EB Cameras). Although I think I have figured out the answer to this question, I’d like to confirm with someone else. By default, it seems, the local display output is set to 1280 x 1024 via the VGA connector. This turned out to be an issue for me since I haven’t owned a VGA capable monitor (or VGA cable) in years - but I did manage to dig one up and get the NVR setup. Later, I changed the NVR local display resolution to 1920 x 1080 and connected a fairly modern (1080) HD display to the NVR and it worked. After that, I again changed the NVR local display resolution - this time to 1280 x 720 - and the connected VGA AND HD display both worked simultaneously. Finally, I changed the NVR local display setting to 3840 x 2160 and discovered that the VGA and HD display no longer worked because neither are 4K-UHD compatible.

This caused an even bigger issue since I didn’t have a 4K TV nearby. Eventually I had to disconnect the NVR and take it to a 4K TV, change the setting then return it back to the surveillance location and once again get configured for 1920 x 1080.

The entire process wasted a lot of time. It would be nice if by default both the VGA and HDMI connectors were active at a fairly low resolution and, if the resolution is changed, there were a ‘Keep Settings’ confirmation prompt/button (like in Windows) so that it will revert back to a working state in case the local monitor doesn’t support a particular mode.
James.S

Re: NV4108E-HS Local Display Resolution

Post by James.S »

the202 wrote:I recently purchased and deployed a NV4018E-HS NVR (w/5 IP8M-2496EB Cameras). Although I think I have figured out the answer to this question, I’d like to confirm with someone else. By default, it seems, the local display output is set to 1280 x 1024 via the VGA connector. This turned out to be an issue for me since I haven’t owned a VGA capable monitor (or VGA cable) in years - but I did manage to dig one up and get the NVR setup. Later, I changed the NVR local display resolution to 1920 x 1080 and connected a fairly modern (1080) HD display to the NVR and it worked. After that, I again changed the NVR local display resolution - this time to 1280 x 720 - and the connected VGA AND HD display both worked simultaneously. Finally, I changed the NVR local display setting to 3840 x 2160 and discovered that the VGA and HD display no longer worked because neither are 4K-UHD compatible.

This caused an even bigger issue since I didn’t have a 4K TV nearby. Eventually I had to disconnect the NVR and take it to a 4K TV, change the setting then return it back to the surveillance location and once again get configured for 1920 x 1080.

The entire process wasted a lot of time. It would be nice if by default both the VGA and HDMI connectors were active at a fairly low resolution and, if the resolution is changed, there were a ‘Keep Settings’ confirmation prompt/button (like in Windows) so that it will revert back to a working state in case the local monitor doesn’t support a particular mode.

I have provided your experience with the R&D team and they told me they are definitely looking to streamline this feature and make it have some redundancies in case you do not have one of these high or low-resolution monitors.
the202

Post by the202 »

James, thanks for your response. Great to hear!
James.S

Post by James.S »

the202 wrote:James, thanks for your response. Great to hear!

Not a problem if you need any more assistance please let me know.