NV4108E-HS HDMI output issue

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
steventa

NV4108E-HS HDMI output issue

Post by steventa »

I have 6 cameras running on the NVR. 2 will "pause". One of them is very consistent as it will update the image every 9 seconds while the other may go minutes without updating then keep up for 5-10 seconds at a time.

This only happens on the hdmi out. If I pull up the feeds on my phone or PC, everything is smooth running. Playback is fine.

I have tried:
moved some, then all cameras to a seperate PoE switch.
swapped cameras to different PoE ports on the NVR, removed the 4 other cameras from the NVR.
replaced the 2 cameras to different ebay specials, to other confirmed working cameras, to hikvision cameras, to amcrest cameras.
replaced both of the cat6 cables, then all the cat6 cables again.
checked and rechecked the stream and substream settings, downgraded settings on both cameras, tried CBR vs VBR, disabled/reenabled 265.
update firmware on cameras and NVR

I am out of ideas, cameras 1 and 4 are the only amcrest cameras on the NVR and are the only problematic ones.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-HS HDMI output issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure there is a lot there and it is hard to say why.. No since that 2 would cause issues that are designed to work with the NV4108e_HS NVR over non Amcrest cameras that are working without issue.

How are things added to the NVR? Did you add them Manual input or Auto from the NVR menus?

Skipping ? 5 to 10 seconds on what Live feed? Or Playback?

What are the cameras in Question? What Ports were they added on? Did you try changing out cables on the cameras (Good working camera on a cable that the Amcrest Camera is connected too)

What is the Distance what type of cables are they run on did you pull them did you put the ends on them or pre made cables?

Cameras POE or Non poe Ones working POE or Non POE?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe