NV4108E-HS has no power: is it the adapter or the device?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
CKPR

NV4108E-HS has no power: is it the adapter or the device?

Post by CKPR »

Hello, I bought a NV4108E-HS in 2018, its been working fine until now. It appears that either the power adapter for the US is burnt out or that the actual device is broken (there is no blue light). Does anyone have any experience with no power? What do you suggest I do first? buy a new adapter from Amazon *which model? or buy a new unit fron Amcrest.
Carolyn (amcrest customer)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-HS has no power: is it the adapter or the device?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Well to be honest it might be a PSU, I have a 4116E-HS that the PSU went out on and it was also bought in 2018 - ish. It was long ago. I have other POE NVR's so I tried a different power supply and it worked as expected. So it could be just a Power supply issue. However if it went out at the time of some power issues and the system wasn't grounded it could have taken out your NVR and that is going to be up to you if you want to try a PSU. It would need to be a 48v 2amp power supply or same size as the one you already have I think it is 2amp. I have so many I can't remember them all.. What I am not sure about is the type of connection of supplies that are sold on Amazon, I did mention to Amcrest that there was none listed on the website to buy. So maybe contact Support/Sales staff and ask them if they have any they are selling seeing it is no longer in the year warranty period. If not here is one that could work from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Switching-Transf ... 0cnVl&th=1

However I don't know for sure if it has the right DC connector it sounds like it should in the listing. They offer a 2amp and 3 amp I would get the 3 amp as it is only 10c more then the 2amp..

Next if you were to choose to go with a new NVR. Amcrest has the 4108E-A2 that is the upgrade to the HS that you have now. IT also will work with Amcrest and other Dahua type AI cameras and cost about the same as the HS did with extra features if you upgrade any cameras to AI. It don't offer any Direct AI channels like another NVR that I have 4216E-AI. That one offers 4 channel AI built into the NVR it self. However the cost is little more then 2 times that of the A2 models of it's kind.

As I was going to say only down side to buying the PSU first is that it might be a dead NVR and then you have extra PSU that you didn't need.
Be Safe.