NV4108E-HS display only substream?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
patric

NV4108E-HS display only substream?

Post by patric »

Is there a way to set the 4108e-hs NVR to only display the substreams on the HDMI output?
I added another camera to my system and the lag is getting pretty severe. I understand the 4108 has an underpowered processor so Im trying to make due until I can find a better NVR.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-HS display only substream?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't know of a way to make it work right as it does with my 4216E-AI NVR. However for my and my few 41xxE-HS be it the 08 or 16 I found that I have to go in and change each of them at the channel it self. So at the GUI mouse over the channel lets say in 9 grid view looking at Ch5 if you move your mouse to the top of the window it will show you what type of view your using. If it says M that is main if it say S1 that is your sub. IF you click that you can change from M, S1 and S2 if you use cameras with a second sub channel. Click on that will change to the view of that format for that channel you will have to do that to all other channels

On my 4216E-AI as I was saying that NVR loads all channels grid over 5 or more view all to Sub only and that works without my doing. Unless it is 8ch view then it loads ch1 M and all others S.

Outside of that I am not sure of anyway to force it to S1 always. Maybe something the R&D can add into a Update?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

That seems to work on the 8-view window until I view (double-click) a different camera in the main (larger) window. Then most (but not all) of the smaller windows revert to the Main (M) stream instead of S1 or S2. The settings just dont "stick."
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes sorry wasn't a solution only what I noticed on my systems and what kind of works and what seems not to. However it has never stayed that way and if you have your system setup for Tour or to large view on event it will all be back to messed up after that happens. So Yes after everytime you go to Menu and back to grid view they need to be changed. On my 16ch NVR the 4116E-HS, I have moved all my larger MP cameras to the higher numbers 10-16 cameras and this way when I use 9ch view that I normally leave that NVR on I don't have issues where I need to change the format. If I try to look at the last half of the cameras in Grid I get over decode and have to move all the channels over to sub to view them.

Not sure if this is true for people with the A2 NVR. It is almost the same NVR with AI ability. I guess they might have upgraded the chip in it maybe FW makes it work like my 4216E-AI nvr as I said with that one it always loads S1 unless I am using 4 grid or less.. Anything above it changes to sub1..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe