NV4108E-HS camera-image-config file

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jakthree

NV4108E-HS camera-image-config file

Post by jakthree »

NV4108E-HS camera - image - Config File.
There are three drop down sections
Config-1
Config-2
Config-3

How are these settings used?
Where are the settings used?

I would like to use config-1 during daylight and config-3 during night. The camera knows how to switch from day (color) and night (B&W).
Can the camera be told to use config-1 in day and config-3 at night?

Thank you,
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-HS camera-image-config file

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have not seen any Schedule, I always thought they might have been missing some of the settings. But I guess if there are times that a person might need to make that setting Manually and fast maybe why they are there...

I mean I have some Very old Samsung cameras that I can setup a Preset for a Different settings even settings where normally the camera is in Global Auto and any Preset in that setting will change all AUTO, However say I have a very well lit area like I do, I have that Preset setup to where it is in Color only. Maybe I have an area that is Very bright with Sun or a Bright light I can make a Preset at that area and then edit the preset to change like Iris level or Fstop maybe WDR on or some other settings that I don't need in other areas..

But my guess is maybe there are times that you want to go from Normal cameras settings to a day where the light levels are different or some other changes are and rather then you having to go to the camera and make the changes with Config 1-3 that gives a user the Normal setup and 2 backup settings.. Issue is you would want to make Config 1 like your Default settings and 2 and 3 changes that can be done rather fast but also return to the main by going back to 1 for your default views..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

Revo2Max,
The camera I am having trouble with is an Amcrest IP5M dome camera. My problem is the default image config-1 settings work well in the daytime but when the camera changes to IR at night, the contrast is to high. I would like to use config-1 in the day an automatically switch to config-2 at night.
It makes sense to me that if there are multiple configs that somehow the NVR should be able to use them automatically.
Is there a way to make it happen?
Thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I am guessing if your using a 5mp IP camera your best bet would be to make that change in the cameras WebUI.

You will want to log into the Camera, If your connected on your NVR's POE port, you will want to log into your NVR's IP, Then click on Cameras, then go to the camera in Question in the list of the bottom area, then on that camera there should be an e click that e and it will now open your NVR's IP address with a PORT like mine looks like 10.0.0.223:10800 even though the camera is at 10.1.1.128 on the NVR's Switch..

Log into the Cameras WebUI, Then click on Setup in the top right area, then click on Configuration for the camera in the left, then in that area there will be a Profile Management, then you will want to click on Schedule, then you will want to make changes to the Time bar for when you want day and night to happen, Then you save that, Go back to Configuration page now, then click on the Night, then make changes to the Contrast to fit your need, Then apply, Once it is at that time it will make that change. it is best to make these changes in the time your working with so it looks right for your area. Meaning doing the change in the day time when the issue is at night might be hard to get it to look right..

Anyway once that is setup Day has it's own settings, and Night has it own settings and it will or can work off Schedule. However you could also work it on AUTO mode if you wanted for switching to day and night, Doing so just click the Day/Night Option and make the changes again as I said. Only difference is that it isn't at your Strict Time it is at the time the LDR says it is day and or Night if your camera don't use an LDR then it would be using the Camera as the Change over either way it would be using the Auto settings for switching day to night..
Be Safe
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

Yes the camera is plugged into the NVRs PoE port. I understand what you are suggesting and I will try and advise.
Thank you for your suggestions
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

If I understand correctly,
Auto uses config-1.
Day (color) uses config-2.
Night (B&W) uses config-2.
Is that correct?

Thank you
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

*Night uses config-3.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting, For me Night uses 2. However there don't seem to be anything within the NVR that will change from Auto, Day/Night General and so on so I mean I guess once you make the changes in the cameras WebUI, and can see what number the config is changed into then yeah making the change after that setup can help in the NVR from then on.

In other words, If your system was working like say my 1046EW-AI color at night camera, That is normally set for Full time Color running in General mode, Without changing to a different mode on that camera the Config files would only change the view as seen.. However once I made changes, my night time I added some Contrast and only change on contrast was 2 the others stayed at 50..
Be Safe