NV4108E-HS available firmware

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jakthree

NV4108E-HS available firmware

Post by jakthree »

Hi,
At the time of this post, the latest firmware for the NV4108E_HS is version 4.0. The binary file name is
Amcrest_NVR4XXX-4KS2_Eng-10003_V4.000.00AC000.0.R.20200521.bin

I noticed that there is a previous version that can be downloaded but the version is not listed. The binary filename is,
NV4108E-HS_regular_20180105_10002__.bin

Does anyone know what version it is?
Is it v3.2?

Thank you,
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-HS available firmware

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not sure.. I was with the thought from when at one point I was told Amcrest was working on a way for a Downgrade to work for the End User and I seen the new 2020 FW for the 4108e-HS that I thought they had started to release new and left the old so people could go back if they choose sadly from what I hear once in the 2020 FW trying to install an older FW will fail still and with that it has been said for Cameras once upgraded to the JavaScript FW one shouldn't try to go back. IF you need your NVR on older FW may want to contact Amcrest Support and see if they will still do in house Flashbacks as they are able seeing they can repair anything that needs the extra help that we can't do seeing they connect via a different format then we can..

I have mixed feelings about the FW of 2020 myself. #1 biggest dislike that won't effect many is that there is now a way that the system can be turned off by Remote means I personally don't like the idea.. Security system isn't very secure in my mind if someone can turn it off by remote.. Main issue is, if your remote you wouldn't know it was offline if you connect unless you went to playback and seen there was nothing being recorded one might just think there was a HDD fail at least you could do a Reboot if you did notice and so that is a good thing but turning off BAD
Be Safe.
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

Revo2Max,
Do you have a NV4108E-HS that you would be willing to install the NV4108E-HS_regular_20180105_10002__.bin firmware on to see what version it is?
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

I created an amcrest support request and asked support the same question. I will let you know their answer.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I don't have an HS I have a H and an E my HS is a 2116-hs it is a different machine and while it is close to same software it is different so I don't have one at this time to install into..
Be Safe.
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

I received a reply from support.
" I am sorry that the NVR cannot be downgraded which may cause the NVR to get damaged. "

I have responded with dome follow up questions about why and what would be damaged.
I will let you know their answer.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:30 pm#1 biggest dislike that won't effect many is that there is now a way that the system can be turned off by Remote means
This is a fix for a major flaw in the device, that there's no way to switch it off other than pulling the plug on it, which is a bad thing on a Linux system. There's no power switch, no shutdown mechanism, nothing, in order to do anything with the system you have to pull out the power cord. So this fixes a huge design flaw in the device, it's good to see they've finally remedied this.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@plusfour Sadly you might not understanding where or what the Flaw is... Also it don't help with what your thinking because my NVR requires it to be unplugged when turned off as well and what I am talking about first and the Worse part is, IT can be done by REMOTE...

Second when turned off by Remote the system don't go off it just no longer Records on any channel..

So let say I didn't mention this FLAW and others didn't know, Left the system setup where Admins were just added to the normal admin list without removing the Maintenance feature out of the setup as I said anyone having more then 1 Admin on this FW 4.0 might want anyone outside of the True Owner not to have that feature in the second admin account because

When you connect over WebUI and if someone not understanding that they Need to Logout and Not Shutdown someone might think this option is to Logout but leave up page and I can come back log in, Shutdown I am going to logout and leave page because I am shutting down my Remote Connection to the NVR but no that isn't what it means it means SHUT DOWN THE SYSTEM (HOWEVER as I said doing so keeps the NVR running just not Recording,) So Now the Owner logs in and wants to look at one of the cameras but don't need to look at playback for now and only does some normal Previews of the cameras then they Logout, later the owner again logs back into the system and this time seen the end of Fight that happened outside their front gate just end.. So they go back to Playback to see what started and so on so on yet when they get to the area there has been nothing recording on the Recorder since before the last time he logged out and that important event isn't captured on the recorder and worse yet. One of the other Admins knew about this Flaw and used it to be able to Steal $10k diamond ring that was in the display but no longer there and without having the Recorder recording because of this FLAW your out a big item and don't know who did it and maybe it was an accident that the person did it and it was a customer that took the Ring when the employees back was turned sadly no one will know because the Recorder has this FLAW...
Be Safe.
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

Revo2Maxx,
I am considering buying an older NV4108, non-core, that has buttons on black face front. Latest firmware is v3.2. Does this NVR support h265 compression?
Thank you,
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

Non-poe, not non-core. Spell check got me. Sorry