NV4108E-A2 via KVM switch?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ivordurham

NV4108E-A2 via KVM switch?

Post by ivordurham »

I have connected my NV4108E-A2 to a KVM switch. The HDMI video works, but the USB mouse, does not respond at all. I needed to use 15' cables between the KVM switch and the NVR. I have tested the cables by connecting a laptop instead of the NVR and the KVM works properly with the laptop. (BTW: I know the keyboard won't work with the NVR, but I did expect the USB mouse to work.) Has anyone been able to use a KVM switch with this NVR?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-A2 via KVM switch?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I use Multi DVR/NVR's with a Iogear 8 port KVM. I also use 1080P monitor with that KVM. So it could be that your NVR needs to be connected to both Dsub and mouse. Or if it is HDMI and Mouse then both would need to be connected. My KVM also has Thumb Drive slot that I use. However if the NVR isn't on that Slot at the time it is booted up then the Thumb Drive isn't found on the NVR or DVR.

So for me.

If I have a Mouse connected and I have a KVM connected, I take out the Mouse and installed the KVM mouse lead I won't have mouse function over the KVM mouses. I will need to Reboot the NVR or DVR for the mouse to be found. However once it is found if I am off that view and the recorder reboots it will still work as it was once already found on that view.. If that made Since. It does to me but maybe not to others...

So I am clear, If I use KVM on port 5 with a different mouse on the NVR. Then take that lead that also has my mouse connecter and connect to the USB of the NVR I won't be able to use port 5 with the KVM mouse until I reboot the NVR Once it is booted and lets say I am not on Port 3 and the recorder that is connected to port 5 reboots when I move to port 5 it will work because it booted once with KVM already on that port and registered the mouse. Even if I happen to take the mouse connection away and then add it back it will be there as long as it was registered once while connected to the Dsub to port..
Be Safe.