NV4108E-A2 recording locking up

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Dennisja

NV4108E-A2 recording locking up

Post by Dennisja »

I am having an issue with my NV4108E-A2 NVR. About every 2 weeks it will lockup and stop recording. I know when this happens because I will get a notification on my View Pro app but I cannot view recording. The only thing that will resolve it is hard power cycle, reboot will not clear issue. The recording prior to the lock are there but period while locked up are not there. It is getting to a point that the NVR is not reliable enough to provide security for my home. Has anyone else faced this issue?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-A2 recording locking up

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Check your HDD type, if not security type move over to one, only systems that act this way for me are either very old security drives or standard HDD, Reboot normally works for me to be able to format. On systems with this issue I format before full. I have an A2 that I don't have constant access too going on 2 years constant recording with overwrite and only format once. Wd purple 4tb. Didn't format because I had to just out of normal habits.that unit now only records Ai event and motion on 2 non Ai and footage back to Nov.

I would check HDD type if security type then check health of the drive
Be Safe.
Dennisja

Post by Dennisja »

I have a WD 4tb Purple Drive. I did have issues with the NVR formatting the drive initially and did a full format on PC to get NVR to recognize it. I have since formatted using NVR since without an issue. This morning, I cannot access recording again.
check6

Post by check6 »

Check the log.
Dennisja

Post by Dennisja »

Thanks, I will check the logs next time it stops recording. After power cycle all logs are gone.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would talk with Amcrest support and make a ticket. System don't sound right. My HDD wasn't new when put in my A2 as it came from an already in use HS nvr.
Be Safe.