NV4108E-A2 IVS using Tripwire AND PTZ

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lsiunsuex

NV4108E-A2 IVS using Tripwire AND PTZ

Post by lsiunsuex »

Hi - new user / got everything installed this last weekend.

NV4108E-A2 is my NVR with the 4 turret cameras it came with from Amazon
IP4M-S2112EW-AI is my PTZ

I have IVS enabled in Smart Plan
In IVS menu I have multiple rules for every camera NOT the PTZ
I also have 4 presets set on the PTZ and the tripwire rules are set to go to a preset when motion is detected at a trip wire
We're at the middle of a "T" in the road so 1 preset is left, 1 is middle, 1 is right, 1 is at our driveway / cars

the PTZ never moves when a car passes or any motion (if i walk out there for example)
I have scheduling turned on for all the cameras, PTZ linkage is enabled and set to presets depending on the tripwire hit

I do NOT have SMD turned on - looks like it can be either IVS or SMD (not both)

All camera firmwares are current. I tried the current firmware for the NVR and the previous one - nothing. The PTZ never moves if a tripwire is passed. I can move the PTZ with the PTZ controls no problems. Everything is recording and i can review video. Just IVS (or smd?) isn't working?!?!?!

Any ideas? The camera's are beautiful - the software and documentation is rather... poor to say the least.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 8.08.26 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 8.08.26 AM.png (181.84 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 8.08.13 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 8.08.13 AM.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 128 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-A2 IVS using Tripwire AND PTZ

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So I have this setup in another NVR for some other cameras and it has worked without an issue. So after your post I was like humm that seems odd. Then I seen you were triggering to record all 1,2,3,4,5 channels on the posted event so I thought maybe they did something wrong or over looked a step. So I thought ok lets do it my A2 and see if it works. Wow it don't lol.. Looks like a feature that was on play with something broke in the Code.

So I know this works with my higher priced 4216E-AI NVR. My guess is that while the A2 NVR is setup to work with IVS built into the cameras and for me anyway the recording for IVS is working on my A2 just the PTZ on event isn't working. My guess is that there is something out of place in the code. An extra . or { } [ ] or something and that is why it isn't working..

I would make a Ticket with Amcrest support and this way they will know that on the next release of FW for the device if it was meant to work maybe they can get an update put out so it does..

I am guessing it is a flaw in the FW because I then setup the same channels using motion and setup using that. It didn't work. Then I realized that I didn't have motion enabled for the IVS enabled channels to keep down false alerts. However I then double checked the Motion events and noticed they were not enabled so after the next events happened the system did work just as expected... So it maybe just an issue in FW with IVS and PTZ..
Be Safe.
lsiunsuex

Post by lsiunsuex »

I have contacted support and opened a ticket with this link - right now i'm stuck on the previous version and they want me on current which is not going in - UI says its current but it is not...

I'll report back if i hear anything else...

Thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure what ver you are on, I am on the last one offered on the Website
V4.000.00AC002.0.R, Build Date: 09-02-2022

It don't work on that FW so if that is the one they are telling you to upgrade to would be interesting if it works for you. I have done a Factory Reset of my NVR and that didn't correct it either.
Be Safe.
lsiunsuex

Post by lsiunsuex »

doesn't work on the previous version either lol
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 5.43.41 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 5.43.41 PM.png (148.67 KiB) Viewed 94 times