NV4108 NVR-Need help with DDNS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rickd438

NV4108 NVR-Need help with DDNS

Post by rickd438 »

Hello Everyone, I have had my Amcrest NV4108 working fine for quite some time. I live on the East coast of NC, and my system was shut down because of a hurricane. When I got everything back up and running the one thing that will not work anymore is DDNS. I use NoIP for my DDNS service. I have two other camera systems that use NOIP DDNS, therefore I know how it works, and how to set it up. As I stated earlier this worked fine including DDNS, until the unit shut down. Now here is the problem that makes it not work. In the set-up menu, under DDNS, I get a popup message that says "Domain length is not allowed (should be between 3 to 16 words). My domain from NOIP is exactly 3 words separated by the periods as it should be. Again, I have two other systems that run fine, with the same type of DDNS set-up . I know the difference from NOIP servers and my domain IP. I have reset the NVR several times to factory default and nothing works. I don't know why I get the pop-up about the domain? When I use my Dahula NVR with these cameras, everything works great including DDNS. Can someone PLEASE HELP?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108 NVR-Need help with DDNS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

just use P2P for your Amcrest NVR its easy and could setup in your sleep

I have my Dahua and Amcrest system's working over P2P
Be Safe.
rickd438

Post by rickd438 »

I have no problem viewing the system locally on my network. It's only a problem when I want to view my cameras when I'm far away from home. P2P does not help me when I'm trying to view my cameras from out of state. I DO NOT HAVE A STATIC IP FROM MY PROVIDER. DDNS allows me to tunnel into my network from around the globe. So I'm really not sure why you mention P2P?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well Sorry I Didn't see you were new So with that said Hello and Welcome to the forum

P2P has nothing to do with Local access it is a system built into Amcrest that will let you access your NVR no matter where your located. I have a few Machines that are between my home and 2 other States.. One only a state away and the other in Western Washington and I live in Ohio.. All of my Machines besides 1 are connected over P2P and I can access them with no issue using the Providers app...

So Why I mention P2P is because you would have access to any Machine you have connected to the Internet without having to worry about opening PORTS or trying to configure DDNS to keep track of your Connection...

How does P2P work? Well you have a SN on your Machine most times unless it was removed it will even be a QR code at the top of your NVR or the Bottom of your Camera that you would SCAN or inter Manually into your systems providers app In this Case Amcrest View Pro app.. After adding this SN (Serial Number) if you were to turn off your WIFI and then load the app in a Cell Phone Internet service you would be able to use your NVR over your phone and it is fast and easy to setup...

YOU DON'T NEED A STATIC IP FROM YOUR ISP TO CONNECT TO YOUR NVR OVER P2P THAT IS WHY I MENTION IT........
Be Safe.
rickd438

Post by rickd438 »

Thank you for the warm welcome. After I sent the response I actually tried the P2P to set-up the NVR onto my Iphone, I scanned the bar code, and setup was a breeze just like you said. it worked on my local network but did not work through cellular. I turned WiFi off on my phone and it DID NOT connect using cellular data. Can you think of anything that I might be doing wrong? One point i will make is all my cameras and the NVR have static IP addresses not using DHCP. thanks for your help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is something that is Blocking it in the IOS phone.. I have let me phone die so I will need to charge my Iphone and I will find out what setting there is in the setup that you need to turn off.. It has been such a long time I can't remember right off hand what the area is but I will figure it out and reply as soon as I can... If I remember off my head there is a setting within Networking and something to do with access to app while using cell data...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK... So I know there is more info and I am sure you looked here but seeing I have mine already able to access over Cell Data one place I would say is to look at your Cell Data area and make sure that you have Amcrest View Pro setup to access Cell Data.... On the apps there is an ability to turn on or off the Cell data and I would double check to make sure it isn't turned off... That would be in your Settings, Cellular. Make sure it is turned on... Then Scroll down to find the Amcrest Pro App in the list and again make sure it is turned on... Then turn off your local Wifi on your phone so your using Cell data and see if it is working now..

If that isn't the issue I will keep looking to see.. I know there is something else that has to do with Apps and Cell data access as well I just can't remember where it is... Don't use my iPhone often anymore..
Be Safe.
rickd438

Post by rickd438 »

Revo2Maxx, I can't thank you enough! As I stated earlier, P2P worked after set-up but NOT through cellular. Now this morning, after doing absolutely nothing, it is indeed working through cellular. I cannot explain why, I checked the app last night to see if cellular was turned on in settings on my iphone and it was. Again, I cannot give an explanation of why or what transpired to make it work. I only can compare it to other odd behavior that I have with modems and routers that need to be "reset" in order to start working again. BUT I CANNOT EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE AND I OWE YOU A DRINK, or A LUNCH!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome I am glad to hear it is working.. At times a Phone Reboot can do wonders as well.. Don't owe me anything that is why people come here to try and help others when we can.. Enjoy and be safe..
Be Safe.