NV4108-HS Motion Detection Schedule

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jakthree

NV4108-HS Motion Detection Schedule

Post by jakthree »

Hi,
I am confused about some settings related to MD.

1. Storage - Record - MD
storage.png
storage.png (9.1 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
In this screen shot, I have Regular recording 24/7 and MD recording 6:00am thru 6:00pm.
I understand this setting schedules recording to the hard drive, but is does not stop sending notifications or sending e-mails during MD events.

2. Event - Video Detection - Motion Detect - Arm/Disarm Period - Setting
event.JPG
event.JPG (28.99 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
In this screen shot, the period is set 24/7.
What does this setting do?
Does it control when notification, e-mail and motion is stored?

Thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108-HS Motion Detection Schedule

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No in that Schedule it says when you want the system to work with Motion events

So above you have in Record Schedule that you want full time 24/7 and motion from 6 to 6. In theory you could change the Motion Detect area to work in 6 to 6 and have motion Record full time and you would still get 6-6 recordings because that is when you want the system to use motion..

Now in Recording that is when you want it written. Motion Detect is when you want it used. With it being 24/7 you can do other things on Motion but not record it, like PTZ a different channel or even that one on motion, log on motion, Maybe Snapshots only on motion or even alarm out on motion (If you had system with Alarm in or out) Show Message or even tour that channel (Pop up channel full screen for Anti Dither time) but only want it to record from 6-6
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

Revo2Maxx,
I get 300+ e-mail at night caused by bugs and dust each with (3) 700K pictures. The unneeded e-mails eat up alot of storage on my e-mail providers server.
I will set Record Schedule MD events recorded to hard drive 24/7.
I will set Motion Detect Schedule (MDS) to 6am -6pm. I understand this is when I want MD to be used.
Does MDS control,
1. If/when MD emails are sent?
2. If/when MD notifications are sent?
3. If/when MD is recorded to hard disk?
Thank you,
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

Revo2Maxx,
My last post may have been confusing.
I want the MD events to be recorded but the e-mails not sent.
Thank you,
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Nice to clear that UP I was just about to reply to something that was just kind of talking points of what I already said..

Then sadly no that isn't how it would work. If you setup turning off in the Motion Detection even though you are asking for MD to record it wouldn't record even if setup if you turn off Motion Detection in Scheduling.

To be honest

I would look at removing the Email and setup push though your Amcrest View Pro app. This will give you an ability from your phone or maybe the app I can't remember right now but I have mine setup to not send me alerts from 8pm to 8am and about to learn how to adjust that again because it is dark sooner then that and I get to many alerts as I have to many systems..

But I know that is the best way of telling your system when you want and don't want to be alerted.. So that might be something to look at and play around with.. Leave MD schedule full time and recording when you want it setup
Be Safe
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

Revo2Maxx,
Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:14 pm not send me alerts from 8pm to 8am
Did you use Motion Detect Schedule to set the time window?

I have the Amcrest View Pro (AVP) installed on my phone and setup with push notifications. So when a MD event occurs, I get an e-mail (with 3 pictures) and a AVP notification. I normally open the e-mail first to look at the motion. If the motion is something to investagate then I will open AVP, go to that event and look at the video. In the AVP app under push notifications events, there are video and snapshot. The video plays back but under snapshot there are small blue boxes in the timeline. The blue boxes pause while stepped thru but no snapshot is shown. I have an Amcrest camera IP5M-T1179-EW-28MM. This camera is snapshot capable. If I could get snapshot to work then I would try disabling sending e-mail and try notification with snapshot picture.

What NVR setting(s) control snapshot recording?
Thank you,
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

Revo2Maxx,
I forgot to mention that the camera is plugged direct into PoE port on the back of my NV4108E-HS.
Thank you,
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok couple of things when it comes to Snapshots...

First you will need to make sure your camera has Snap shots turned on even if no mSD card is installed it will need to be turned on..

Second you will want to go to your NVR, Storage, Schedule, Snapshot and setup in there for motion and personally I would Remove Full time if you didn't when you first set up the NVR because it can and will fill the HDD of snapshots every second of the day if you don't change the settings in how often you want them on the other area under snapshots get to that below..

Then you will wan to copy form that channel to any other channel you want them working and Apply

Then you will want to click on the Record on the left side bar at the bottom of that page is Snapshot you want to Enable All (Or the ones you want) Press Apply

Now hit the right mouse button to go back to Main Menu, Then click on Camera, then click on Snapshot, then click on (in V4.0 FW) click on top put in number you want in the time of the Trigger (Mine is set for 3) channel D1, Mode Trigger, QUality change to 4 if need but leave 5 for better picture make 4 or 3 if you only want something for feedback not really high quality you can always look over footage and save when needed this can save on email size or picture time to get your notices if lower number. Then the interval leave at 1 per second unless high traffic and want different time customized can be from 8 to 3600 seconds but I just keep 1..

If you want all your channels to have same In channel Pick ALL before making any adjustments above..

Lastly and where I said more info below... Change mode to Timing and change that to a number that suits your needs. This will be in the full time schedule if you left it and most NVRs on the NVR will only do a max of 3600 or aka 1 an hour to ever second as it is set by default
Be Safe
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

Revo2Maxx,
Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:15 pm First you will need to make sure your camera has Snap shots turned on even if no mSD card is installed it will need to be turned on..
I connected the camera to my PoE router (not to the back of the NVR) and logged into the camera's webpage.
Is this the setting to enable snapshot in the camera?
Camera - Video - Snapshot
camera-snapshot.png
camera-snapshot.png (8.07 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
or this
Event - Motion Detect - Snapshot
event-snapshot.png
event-snapshot.png (18.08 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
Thank you,
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes that is however the issue is that you need to adjust for Event that is General. The General would be full time snaps..

Where it says General click that and changed to event

Then yes you will need to enable the Snap on events. Then in the NVR you will also need to do it again for each channel you want setup for snap on events..
Be Safe