NV4108-HS cannot find my IP-CAMS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
russellc

NV4108-HS cannot find my IP-CAMS

Post by russellc »

My last NVR (not amcrest) died after a whopping 3 months so thought I'd go for a different manufacturer for a replacement.

Got the NV4108-HS from Amazon yesterday and gave it a 4Tb HD.

Hooked up all the cables and proceeded to setup.

By the time I got to where the wizard wants me to add the cameras, I clicked on "Device Search" and it completes yet finds nothing.

I can see the NVR on my home network and connect to the admin interface via my computer just fine so I doubt there is any issue with that connection.

As already noted, this is for a relatively new home security system that is barely 4 months old so ruling out the cams as all of a sudden stopping functioning (all 6 of them at the same time would be crazy under those circumstances)

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Wrong ports? I tried changing the TCP:37777 to TCP:9000 as the old NVR used 9000. Still no dice ... starting to get a little frustrated.

All suggestions / ideas welcome.

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108-HS cannot find my IP-CAMS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Sadly it is hard to say what is what without knowing about the Bad NVR system..

So I am not sure how much info you might know about your Cameras but here is somethings that might help me to be able to help you.

First 3 sets of numbers of a Cameras Mac Address They normally look like XX:XX:XX:vv:vv:vv just the X' numbers I would like to know
Second did you use a IP Config tool before or even IP Portal for Cameras setup?
Third are you sure your NVR that used before wasn't a system for a Closed used system meaning it needs to have it's own brand of recorder to work and at times even within their own brand it wouldn't cross work with a higher end model it would have to be like model for replacement.

Sadly not all NVR's are created Equal. Some are not even able to work in a WebUI the camera has a Special Coded chip that talked to a Special coded chip recorder and nothing out side would work!

If your able to log into the Camera over a WebUI
http://10.0.1.65 <---- what ever your IP for your camera is there and pressing enter can it take you to a WebUI? Also not all systems will work with 37777 and 8000 or 8800 or in your case 9000 outside their own and might be 80 for cross platform use..
Be Safe.
russellc

Post by russellc »

Thanks for the welcome and quick response!

The NVR that went bad so quickly => GW Security => Model: GW5508NP

As far as the MAC address, this indeed a confounding dilemma. I was able to quickly remove one cam and pugged it directly into my switch. This thing does not appear to be assigned an IP so getting the MAC might be challenging.

Cam Model => GW8536MIC (might as well be GW8536MissingInAction)

I'm at a loss at the moment :(
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well personally I like that you thought of Using Amcrest. I know the GW brand I am surprised that the listed machine died after 3 months. If your system was bought brand new from a Auth Dealer or them Direct I would contact them about getting a Replacement because the cost for one and the normal quality of Product shouldn't die after only 3 months.

About Connecting the Cameras that came with the system you had listed in the link that has been Removed, I am not sure they can be connected outside the GW Brand. However the one that you list GW8536 is a camera that could connect outside the GW brand and should have no issue working with Amcrest NVR you listed.

1 The system NVR you listed with a link was a POE 8ch and the one that you said went out was a higher model also 8ch POE and the Amcrest 4018-HS you listed without POE are you trying to not use a POE NVR?

Also the Camera you listed 8mp is a AI camera that would only work in the GW Brand so while the camera could work with the Amcrest-HS NVR I am not sure why you wouldn't want to keep the Functions of the camera in tact by just having GW Replace the NVR that you said it was connected too.. I am not even sure the camera would have total function with a Amcrest AI NVR and while I know some about GW I don't know if that camera for the AI to function if it requires a POE NVR or if a normal one would work within the same Brand I think it was AI to POE NVR outside camera would result in a normal IP type motion only setup but its been also a year since I helped someone I know but not really a Friend install his. More like a Friend of a Friend. When I helped him setup his system and they were also GW AI cameras I remember when I setup the first one on his desk when we connected to his NVR from outside POE it wouldn't work as AI it wasn't until we added it to the POE port that it unlocked the AI ability of the camera. That could have just been his system and different then your models but I am going to guess it would have been setup the same way..
Be Safe.
russellc

Post by russellc »

We bought the GW system through an independent contractor who intending on installing the cameras.
He caught COVID and ultimately did not install the cameras at the end of the day.
(In fact I don't even know if he is still alive)

We contacted GW Tech-Support who said in order for us to receive ab RMA#, they need the *original* sales order # which we apparently cannot get from the contractor.

The contractor will not respond to emails or multiple texts regardless of being told that they are not responsible for the defective unit. (unknown reasons or they did pass on)

Hence was the choice to try another manufacturer as let just say, I was a little pissed.

Unfortunately it seems I'm left with no other choice with the Amcrest unit. Its difficulties being able to discover the GW cameras connected to its own POE ports seems as though they are not compatible with each other.

Its getting repackaged and returned to Amazon for a refund and against my better judgement will purchase another GW NVR myself so should it also die after a very short period of time, I will at least have that original sales order#.

I appreciated your time and suggestions so thank you for at least trying.

Kind Regards...