NV2108-HS does not attach snapshot to email

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
someuser2020

NV2108-HS does not attach snapshot to email

Post by someuser2020 »

My NV2108-HS NVR is sending email notifications when it detects motion, but the emails do not include pictures of the motion.

The only setting difference I can find from all the tutorials and manuals is that there's supposed to be a checkbox next to the Snapshot option under the Motion Detection area that has to be selected to enable pictures in emails. In the NV2108-HS user interface there is no checkbox next to "Snapshot", just a [1],[3],[5] clickable setting (pic attached). I've not been able to determine what the 1/3/5 option does, and it's not described in any manual/post/video that I can find. Selecting any of the three options doesn't seem to change what's sent in the email notification.

Any help is appreciated! This is the last bit of configuration that will get my NVR up to par with my previous non-Amcrest setup that sent me pictures of the motion along with the emails.
Attachments
AmcrestSnapshot.PNG
AmcrestSnapshot.PNG (23.63 KiB) Viewed 729 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV2108-HS does not attach snapshot to email

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Interesting just wondering what FW do you have installed? I have a 2116-HS and my Menu don't look anything like yours, or I guess I should say as Trimmed as yours I thought it might be because you have accessed it via WebUI but even that page looks different as well..

Anyway strange as it is. I have my system on the Older before the 2020 FW and I will not be doing FW update until some of the things get worked out and if your working with 2020 FW it seems like a lot of things have been trimmed..

So that brings me to what I think could be a Solution in most cases anyway... I have since turned off most of my Email and now only use my Phones Push Notices to get me events of things that I want to need.. Also don't have to worry about not getting email because my Email box is full or because the server I am using only lets someone move email from outside the system a set numbers a month or day.. So I have only a couple that I get Email for anymore the Rest I use my Amcrest View Pro App and setup Push Notices for the cameras I want motion data from... Oddly it isn't perfect because I do have mine setup to send Picture (Image) however I get a 1 min video everytime I get a push to my phone... I do like that to be Honest just keep in mind that in order to get a video pushed to you it will need to make that video first an then send it out so by the time you get event Notice it is most times 1.5min later.. There are some that I have setup like my Driveway and my back area that connects to 3 other properties that I have setup to send me Live View and it is Instant...

That is one of the Biggest things that people make mistakes on.. Not understanding why they are getting late events.. If it needs to send you a 1 min clip.. It has to collect that 1 min, make the clip, then send it to your Mail Server and then Server has to then send you a Notice that you have Mail.. Even with a Picture and say you wanted 1. It has to send your picture to your Email server, Your server if it just sent out your email (You've Got Mail) 30 seconds ago or however long ago your system will wait to send you another message that you have email for a set time... Then you have to log in and DL and look at image..

PUSH is Faster and a safer way to go in all ways for security... However if you live in an area with flaky service that can be flaky as well..
Be Safe.
someuser2020

Post by someuser2020 »

Thanks for the reply! I am running the latest firmware (V4.000.AC000 5/22/20) which is what it came with. The interface does have differences even from what's in the manual, which has been a struggle. But most things are close enough to get by. The email+snapshot area is one of those that differ from all public documentation, and unfortunately one that I can't get to work. :)

I don't see any mentions of push notification options on the NV2108-HS.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes Push Notices would be something you would setup with your Phone on a Andriod is best for use and things seems to work well with my iPhone 6 as well..

However I would and not saying you should but I would setup as I have setup my system over P2P.. In the Amcrest App it will ask you how to setup Picking the Already Setup and P2P option is fastest seeing it is setup.. Then you would scan your NVR's SN that is on the top of the NVR or you can click a button to enter it manually.. Then you bring up your system after you finish the setup. There will be 3 lines with 3 dots in front on the left clicking on that you would then pick the Option for Push Notification then you could pick what camera, or what type of alarm you wanted pushed.. Again this is from the Amcrest View Pro app for cellphones
Be Safe.
joyjit

Post by joyjit »

@someuser2020 Were you able to resolve this issue?
I upgraded my NV4108E-HS to this same firmware, and now I am seeing the same issue.
joyjit

Post by joyjit »