NV2104E how to start recording manually

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jeremyspx

NV2104E how to start recording manually

Post by jeremyspx »

Hi All,
Would someone please tell me how I can start recording manually, using the internal software in the NVR and also when/if using the Amcrest Surveillance Pro? I haven't been able to find a Start/Stop button of any kind, so perhaps there's a trick to be learned.
I don't intend to use the system for security - I intend to use it to make recordings for downloading later and editing into youtube videos.
Many thanks!
Jeremy
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV2104E how to start recording manually

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello Jeremy and Welcome to the Forum

So what type of Firmware are you using on your NVR? Is your 2103E an HS or the normal POE version of the device?

So if it is the HS, if you see little Green Cameras on your Display then that camera is setup to Record (this is on the New FW) on Older FW it would be a Red Icon in one of the corners to show that the channel is Recording..

By Default most systems are setup to Record 24/7 however some are setup to Record both 24/7 and motion or I have seen some that are motion only setup... However not knowing what Version of FW you have it is hard to tell you where the info is...
In General, Going to the Main Menu, Hard Drive (HDD) area is where you can schedule how you want it to work under Schedules, Then under Recording there is Auto and Manual or off for your Streams there as well.. I have at times rather then turn off Motion for my Yard Cameras when Mowing the law, I will just turn off under the Record area so I only then need to click back over to Auto for it start back as I had setup...
Be Safe.
jeremyspx

Post by jeremyspx »

Hello and thanks so much for your detailed reply. I stupidly forgot to mention which NVR I have. Mine is a 2104E and I'll be using an internal HDD to store the recordings. When finished I'll go to another PC on the network and run the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software to locate and export the videos to the PC as MP4s. I think I prefer that method, rather than running PC-NVR.

I know I'm not using the system the way it was designed, in that it's not a security application but it seems as though I will be able to accomplish my goal of making multi-camera recordings of a process.

So if I am understanding this correctly, I should probably just leave the NVR set up to constantly record 24/7, in other words 'Normal' recording mode but turn each camera stream off and only turn them on when I'm about to start recording a video. When finished, turn each stream off again.

Doe that sound about right?

Many thanks again.
Jeremy
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No you said what NVR you have however I was trying to make sure that it was complete as there are 2 different types of 2104E One is Newer that is 4K and ends in HS.. I ask because one has new Firmware ability over the other and it is easier to try and lead you to the best way to setup your recordings.. However if your looking to do this within ASP that is something all different unless your talking about doing it from WebUI and again that is all different...

WebUI Has a Manual Record Button on each channel that will Record for a short set time.. ASP I have not tried Manual Record for long time but last I Heard there was something about it only recording for 30min. I am not sure if that is the current version or the older one...
However if memory serves me right there is also a Manual Record button on there as well. click on the camera you want to record then click on the Tiny Recorder looking icon in the top left part of the window.. This will Record to your Local HDD for a set time unless the new one does it until you click it I am not sure as I don't use ASP...

About doing on your NVR Most everything you do on there will be an alone setting all besides Encoding, Names, and things like that can move from NVR to ASP and others..
Be Safe.