nv2104-HS cooling fan

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
joe1955

nv2104-HS cooling fan

Post by joe1955 »

Hi, just received my new nv2104-hs can someone tell me if these units need to have a cooling fan? mine did not have one inside. Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: nv2104-HS cooling fan

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the Forum

Not all of them have Fans... If no fan is in it The Builders didn't feel it would be needed... I have some with 1 fan and some with 2 one on CPU and one for drawing air through the machine... Good news is Less noise you will have to worry about. Also some of the Fans have been known to be with Issues... Loud... Also in most cases if no fan no header for the fan either... Not even removed there was not one on MB to start with...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
joe1955

Post by joe1955 »

Thanks for the info... I talked to the amcrest tech a few days ago a they told me it needs a fan or it will not work...well i knew better then that i just didn,t know if it should have one or not! thanks again
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Strange. If they said it needs one maybe double check that if you bought it used that maybe the person before you didn't remove it...

You can take off the Top most times you need to do this to access the HDD and blow it out from time to time because you don't want Dust to build up in these... To remove the lid aka shell, there will be 3 to 6 screws 1 to 3 on the back and 2 to 4 on the sides. Sadly they are not uniform lol... One of mine has 4 on sides and one in back another one of Amcrest I own has 2 front sides and 4 on the back lol Then I seen some with 2 on back 2 on sides.. You will see them... Once removed slide back little bit and lift off. There is a couple they have that get a Good Grip on the lower sides and don't just lift right off lol...

Next don't let the case fool you. There are some Cases that are built for more then one model. Maybe the 4 ch system don't need one but it shares the same case with the 8ch one that does... or it may even share same case as a DVR CVI unit that would need one...

However if there is a Fan Mounting space inside the unit you can look at the 2 screw holes and see if there is marks from 2 screws being in place. If there was 2 holes where the fan goes that does look like it had a Fan screwed in. Then next thing is to Check the MB and see if there is a 2 Pin Header on the MB that in White would Say FAN... Again it could be that the MB is also a double system meaning it might share bones with the 8ch system. In most cases if there was a Shared MB and it had FAN for say 8ch system that header would be Empty Might be a through hole or they may have put some solder on the pads to keep it uniform...

Also Don't let the Circle fool you either. Again share the Lid with another one that would need a fan... I have a few with out fans... Infact one I thought would have one didn't and I just took the top off (Wouldn't do this with things plugged into it if you don't know what your doing) I touched the Cooling fins on the CPU and it is luke warm at best. No fan. No header either.. Mounting holes no markings and fan hole on shell... See Picture Below... So there is something that can throw a person off looking at the MB F1 or F# of any number isn't for a Fan that is where a Fuse was going to go but didn't need it... When they Silk Screen these MB they are well thought out and FAN says FAN.... SW if there is nothing there but maybe a Wire that is because they went lower cost and left out a on off switch lol... other holes on MB could be second header for another HDD... So don't go adding one thinking your going to place another HDD... There would be more things needed on the MB as well.. Also D# is a Diode C# is a Capacitor and R# would be a resistor. Just because they are not on the MB don't mean they were meant to be there on your model.

Be Safe
joe1955

Post by joe1955 »

this is a new unit bought from Amazon.......when i opened it to install the new hard drive i notice it didnt have a fan inside so i called Amcrest tech support to ask about if it needed a fan and they said yes it does.... where did you buy it they asked so i told them a bought it from Amazon so they told me that i need to call them and so i did a they sent me another one 2 days latter same thing on the replacement no fan.......It does have a place to mount a fan and place to plug it in. wish I knew how to add pic on here.
Joe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh Interesting... First time I have had a few different models from different Manufactures... Some that didn't have Fans with out Headers on the MB and with fan mount and holes lol... Even Amcrest the one I showed you is an Older 4Analog+4digital so 8ch in total and i was sure it would have had a fan but doesn't lol... Hasn't needed one either... I have a CVI Amcrest unit that has a side fan, I have a 8ch CVI Dahua that has side fan and CPU fan... Would have to look at the CVI Amcrest better but if memory serves me right there was no header for the second fan even though they are on the same chassis.

Sorry to hear about the Conflicting info. So to put in a Picture click on the full editor & Preview button next to Submit. Then at the bottom there will be Options and attachments tabs. Press attachments, then a Grey box that will have a button Add Files...

Or if you have your pictures on Photo Bucket or some other server you can add photo by adding the following with the url of the Image in the center so between ][ for this to post I had to add a space between the Brackets in posting an images there would be no space there however if I left it like normal it would just show a Broken image

[ img ] [ /img ]
Be Safe