Npapi?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
PCsec

Npapi?

Post by PCsec »

We have a * channel AMDVTENL8~s5 A few years old I think we got it in 2015. Anyway no complaints all these years. However, For the first time this year I tried to login to the web page so I can configure the NVR for a new user and I get npapi error. I checked online and see this is no longer supported by most brosers I was using IE upuntil last november (last time I logged in) but now IE is no longer supported so edge over takes teh login.

Just curious if there is another way to config this without pulling the DVR out of the cabinet and settuing it up with a monitor and mouse?

Thanks for any suggestions
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Npapi?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

So you could use ASP Picture below is what it would look like to setup a different user for your device..

Another thing you could try if you didn't want to put ASP on your computer. You could try using IE mode in Edge.

Top right area click the 3 dots, Then bottom click settings, then left side Default Browser, then in the bottom area is where you can add in IP's for your system to work in IE mode. This is said to be supported until 2029 so there is a good amount of time still for using IE type devices...

Also note as you can see in the picture for Edge, YOu have to update once a month to keep using the IE mode.. Not update the Browser just the IP so it knows you are still actively using the IP in Edge IE Mode..
Screenshot (3912).png
Screenshot (3912).png (77.05 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Screenshot (3913).png
Screenshot (3913).png (107.5 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
PCsec

Re: Npapi?

Post by PCsec »

Hey thanks for this I tried edge in IE mode the other night before i submitted this and couldn't get it to work but it worked today after adding the NVR IP address in hte section you stated above! Thanks appreciate it!