Non identifiable cameras

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Newuser223

Non identifiable cameras

Post by Newuser223 »

I recently purchased a home that had 4 cameras installed. No identifiable marking on it at all. I ordered the amcrest nvr system and when I got it all up and running it shows my 4 cameras but all the status are red. I have tried many things with passwords and manual inputs but no luck. Any help would be great
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Non identifiable cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

First what NVR did you buy? Second can you share a Picture of the type of cameras you are working with and Third what is the port # that it is showing it is connecting with in your NVR?
Be Safe.
Newuser223

Post by Newuser223 »

Nv4108e-42. How do I share pics on here? Like the camera? Says port 1-4 for each camera plugged in
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, Thanks for the PORT info. this sounds like they are Dahua OEM non branded cameras. To share a picture click on Full Editor at the bottom of the reply window, Then click on attachments, then click on Add then add a picture that is under 2megs, then click insert into page then once you enter your text if you want press the submit button

What you will want to do is gain access to the camera and look for a Reset button. If you happen to have a camera that lacks a button look for 2 Pads on the board that might have K1 or Switch or Reset next to it, There are some that don't even have that and shorting the 2 pins can reset the camera but would be best to post a picture of the PCB before you do this if there is no button. Once the button is pressed if there is one or pads are shorted it can take 5sec to 60 seconds to reset the camera. Once the camera resets if it has an IRC you will hear the click on the lens. Then when you go to your NVR and camera then change the password to admin on the camera area for that camera and it will be added. However keep in mind that you will want to change that password to something better then the default.. You can do this in a couple of ways. First and easiest is to change the password in the NVR once you have all the cameras working or some of them anyway.. When you change password in your NVR and can even keep the same that you have now it will ask if you want to change password in the connected cameras click on yes... Other way is little bit harder lol..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also keep in mind that some cameras will have reset button on the Wires as well. This will be in the form of a button that you would press and hold. Again can take from 5sec to 60 depending on the camera model and age.. Can you see any label on the camera that could help with a model like IPC-G4CL21 for an older Dahua OEM G4 camera that would look un branded.. This could help others that might have same camera or type of camera give you an idea where the Reset button is.. Also I have some Bullet cameras from years past that you take off the front lens and on some there is an extra small PCB that has button and Micro Sd slot.. Others take off lens and button is on Side of main Camera board and others that reset button is tucked in under some other PCB normally power for IR or some other function and I have some that have the reset button on the Cable of wires. This might be in the Back box if it has one other tucked in the wall or however the wires are hidden from the outside..
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Download this app to identify what's on your network -- usually including the manufacturer or some form of traceable identification. The MAC prefix can also usually I.D. the OEM.

This is way more than just a speed test, so don't let the name mislead. If you have a Firestick or AndroidTV box it works great on either as a home network monitor and real-time wi-fi analyzer as well as being portable. The basic version is free with minimal nagging. A couple bucks on an annual basis gets rid of that and adds additional tools and enhancements. Best consumer home analyzer out there bar none..., wi-fi or not.

https://analiti.com/
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That app won't help you Detect your cameras that are hidden behind your Amcrest POE NVR.. Also if you look at the data from the stickers if they have Mac addresses showing you can go to the website whatsmyip.org and it will have a tab on the left side of the screen where you can find out who the Mac address belongs to by entering the first 6 numbers of the Mac address..

Without first resetting the camera you won't have access to the WebUI of the camera if there is no sticker with the Mac address. Then not all companies pay for Mac address Reg, My guess is if they can't afford to put their business logo on the camera body then they didn't pay to have the Mac address reflect the business and most likely will return as a Dahua camera.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Didn't say it would detect cameras behind a POE NVR. But it will show you the active NVR ports for possible I.D. clues for the camera along with whatever else may be on the network.

Could also just plug the camera into a switch (or the router) and see if it pulls an address or happens to have a default address on the same network..., as would be the case if using a non-POE channelized NVR.

Many of the factory default addresses and credentials are published. If you get lucky and can get one to hit via basic http on port 80 you may also be able to get closer to solving the mystery that way by whatever login screen may pop up.

Or just try the default Dahua login and see if it gets anywhere.

Or if there were some pics to go from...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Newer Dahua OEM admin admin, older one you could try 888888 for user and password.. Outside of that not much to do if the camera can't be reset.
Be Safe.