No video from camera ASH43W on nvr NV4108E

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
deltaone

No video from camera ASH43W on nvr NV4108E

Post by deltaone »

Hi,

I purchased an ASH43W Wi-Fi camera today to use with my Amcrest NV4108E NVR. I was able to connect the ASH43W to my network with no problem using the Amcrest SmartHome app. I can see the live video of the camera in the Smarthome app. The ASH43W is connected to my Wi-Fi network to the NVR and status is showing green. BUT I am not able to see any video on NVR. It is a black screen for that camera. How can I fix this?

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: No video from camera ASH43W on nvr NV4108E

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

So I am not sure as there are a few different 4108E, So if your NVR the Normal older NVR or is it a 4108E-HS, or 4108E-A2?

I am going to guess it is one of the last 2. Here is something to try. First I am guessing your talking about Black Screen when your in Grid mode, so using the mouse move to the top of the grid the 43w at the top move that to S1 and it might show up. If that comes up already set to S1 then set it to M.

For a good fix if it is setup already for S1 is to make sure that the S1 is setup for 640x480 as it might be setup for something that isn't in the range of the NVR on the Sub Channel.

My AD410 used to have that issue with my 4116E-HS. That was because the Sub Channel was setup for 720x576 and it don't want to work in Sub channel in the grid in that mode.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
deltaone

Post by deltaone »

Thanks very much for the reply. The tag on mine says NV4108E so I guess it’s the older one. I bought it in 2017. Still working great but wanted to add this new camera. I will try what you said and check back here. Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok don't have your camera but do have the older 4108E as well. I will connect to my AD410 see how it acts.

Still might be encoding issue however it is very stable NVR
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok well I did connect to my camera and it works as expected..

So I understand better. Is the camera on your NVR work at all or is it just offline/locked/or pure black screen.

What I mean is if you run your NVR in single channel mode on the camera does it load? Is it only black screen when in Grid View?
Screenshot (3040).png
Screenshot (3040).png (158.89 KiB) Viewed 989 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

As I was thinking about what it might be. I would also look that your Compression is setup for anything other then h.265 if it is setup that way I would try to see if setting it to something in the h.264, h.264h, or like I have mine h.264b and that is older not as good setting but works for my setup. I mean I know h.265 is an option it isn't always a stable one.
Be Safe
deltaone

Post by deltaone »

Ok, so I tried putting that camera in single channel view I still get a black screen. Only for that ash43 camera the other cameras are still showing up.

It is set to h264.h

One other strange thing is that I CAN see the camera on my phone using the Amcrest VIEW Pro app and Amcrest Smart Home app. It’s only on the NVR that it comes up black. You can see the time and date and it appears to be recording but cannot see live video on NVR for that camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sounds like the ASH43 is like some of my other cameras that don't seem to work 100% as one might expect. Might be issue with Chipset or something else. A couple of things to try. Maybe try to setup in ONVIF format rather then the Private. My ASH26 works on everything besides ASP

I would setup a Ticket with Amcrest so they can get it upto R&D for a fix in a update.
Be Safe
deltaone

Post by deltaone »

Thanks for all your help. Should I check if my Nvr is on the latest firmware? Could that possibly help? How do I update the firmware on NV410AE?

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is a few ways to update the FW.

Fastest way for me anyway is to do it using WebUI of the NVR..

So use IE or Edge with IE Tab. Then click COG (Gear looking icon at top)
Then on the Left click on Setting, System Update, then in there is a Tab to check for new FW. By clicking it you will be taken to the Amcrest FW page. you will want to scroll down until you get to your Device and DL it to your Folder of Choice. Then again where you clicked that button to find you will want to Click Browse, then find the file, then click update.

I might have a non listed FW. I am not sure if it was this NVR or other that had issues with Audio from front side cameras. (Only way I could get audio to work was if it was connected to POE) so my FW might not be what was listed as the last one offered but is in picture below for idea of where to look at what one you have from WebUI...
Screenshot (3048).png
Screenshot (3048).png (127.58 KiB) Viewed 976 times
Be Safe