No display, no ethernet output for the 8 POE cameras

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Febs

No display, no ethernet output for the 8 POE cameras

Post by Febs »

New NV4108E-HS device. Power on ok. Original 48v power switch. Bip on power. Motherboard (without HDD) start up bip ok. HDD start up bip ok. Red light on motherboard. Fun ok. Ethernet light on input cable ok. But not light from ethernet output port of any of the 8 cameras
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: No display, no ethernet output for the 8 POE cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Personally I don't know of any lights from the Ports of the NVR outside of the normal network Ethernet port to your main network..

So NVR plugged in, You get connection? From windows machine press windows key and R and the same time, in the box that comes up type in cmd then press enter. Command Prompt comes up. Now type arp -a and look for a IP that has a Mac address that starts with 9c. Then if there is such a IP that is in your network range then go to IE, type in your NVR's IP in the browser. If it comes up there and not on monitor it might be that it is setup for 4k display and monitor can't display it so then click on display in the NVR's setup. change the display to something that will work for you 1024 is a good option unless you know for sure that 1080 will work for your NVRs Monitor..

PEO NVR and what cameras will work on the POE Ports? Well Direct Connection POE will be Amcrest or Dahua or maybe (I said maybe) other OEM Dahua Products. If they are Hikvision then you will have to connect them via the Front side of the system POE ports are Back side and Normal Ethernet I consider front side seeing it can be seen by your local network...

However it might be that you can Connect your Camera to the Backside even if it is a Hikvision camera. When you would want to do is Make a Connection to the Cameras WebUI. Go to Network, TCP/IP and change the IP address to the camera to one within the Network address of the NVR (Normally 10.1.1.xx starting at 65 is the Range) give it one that isn't already on your NVR lets say you have 4 on, 65, 66, 67 and 68. Then I would make it 69. Then set the Gateway to 10.1.1.1 and save. Then Log out if it didnt already do so. Once it has time to come back to power on. Remove from your local network and connect it to a port on the back I would go with the next in line or Last either way. Then let it come online it will not do much. However I can't say they will always work this way.

Need more info about the issue. Red light in NVR means little without knowing what one is on and if there are others.. So a Picture of the PCB aka Motherboard of the NVR will be helpful
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe