No camera feed from new DVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
windwaker90

No camera feed from new DVR

Post by windwaker90 »

Hello,

I hope you are well.

Recently our Amcrest 960H DVR's feed became distorted for all four cameras (model AMC960HBC 800 TVL). Basically all four screens looked it they were having a stroke and we couldn't really see anything anymore.

We bought a refurbished DVR (AMDVTENL8-H5). After going through the manual and setting everything up, it started beeping every five seconds and the camera feed displays "Net disconnect".

Is the new DVR maybe not compatible with the cameras? If so, which ones would be?

Thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: No camera feed from new DVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Yes the DVR is able to run the 960h format camera.

Net Disconnect has to do with Ip channels. However not sure you have any turned on. The System comes with 2 IP channels

However I don't know what 960h system you were working with. I mean there might be a few systems out there that were System only use. I mean there was one from long ago that was that way wit Amcrest. I personally don't remember the model. If that is the case with your system then you would need to use that same type DVR that they came with. However as I said most cases the 960h will work with the DVR you mention.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
windwaker90

Re: No camera feed from new DVR

Post by windwaker90 »

Ah okay. Thanks! We figured out the problem, it was a bad cord. Once we switched to a different, the old DVR worked as normal. The beeping was because the alarm was automatically set and we figured how to turn it off.