New DVR/NVR setup of Security email and questions

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

New DVR/NVR setup of Security email and questions

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I thought I would write up something that I feel is very IMPORTANT and really needs to be done if you haven't already.

So you have a newer FW DVR or NVR with the 4.0 software if you have not done it already I would make sure that you setup the 2 items. If you don't setup the email and questions you might get your self locked out of your recorder forever.

This is what I would do, Setup your NVR if out of the box make sure not to skip that section set it up.

If you already have your DVR or NVR already setup and didn't make them changes when you were first in the setup then you can and should without delay.

Using your Recorders WebUI you will only get the option of changing the Email so I would use the Recorders GUI, Right click, Main Menu, Account option then click on Password Reset, Top will ask for a email. Make sure it is Valid email if you don't you could be sorry. Then below that is 3 questions and setup 3 that you know well and when you setup remember if you use Caps for first letter or not. Might be wise to just put in the answer and not us any CAPS.. Make sure to apply you will know it worked when the questions you setup and ......... for the answers show up .

Now here is a step I would do before you forget your info. As a security it will only show you first letter and domain for your email on the page so others don't know. Anyway after you setup I would double check that it really works. I would log out of the Recorder, I would then not do the pattern click on forgot it, Then next to the password area is a little box click that and a screen will come up with a QR code. Newer phones can just use camera others might need qr code scanning app. Then it will bring up some stuff that means nothing to us, but past that info into an email and send it. You will or should get a Reply back and get a Code to the email that is setup in the recorder. Again it will in the reply say they will send the code to N****@yourdomain.com The reply will be sent to what ever you sent the email from and will only say that it was good and code will be sent to the account on record. If you don't get a Reply and don't get a code then need to make sure that the email is one that will work. That is why your testing now. Don't have to change or use code but you want to make sure that you will get the code. Recorder outside of Warranty don't have anyway to get into recorder with questions, email no longer valid, then it is a paper weight.

Also please note that if you have setup your system with a password some time ago and it is no longer valid make sure to change it in the NVR before forgetting and needing to reset your password. Not all systems come with Reset buttons and might be that even some with reset buttons they might not work. So very important to update your questions and email if something changes. Maybe change the questions from time to time so they are fresh in your mind. Either method will give you the option to update your password. Without it and out of warranty the system may need to be replaced.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe