Net disconnection alerts

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
friedham

Net disconnection alerts

Post by friedham »

Is there a way to turn on email alerts for Net disconnections? When a device disconnects it's logged but there doesn't seem to be an option to allow an email alert. See attached photo.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 10.11.23 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 10.11.23 AM.png (119.55 KiB) Viewed 3047 times
friedham

Re: Net disconnection alerts

Post by friedham »

Another screenshot showing the lack of "email" option.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 10.20.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 10.20.05 AM.png (186.82 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well if you look at the other pages there within that tab you will see all the others have Email as an Option. The Reason that Net Disconnect isn't with the option to Email is because if your system is offline (Net Disconnection) then it can't send an email... So it will POP a Message, or Log it but that is all it can do from Software level.. You could install a Logging Server that could send you an email when the Recorder goes offline but it would have to be something outside the recorder it self..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

You could try using this to get an email when any camera loses video.
Screenshot_20211012-144319_Google PDF Viewer.jpg
Screenshot_20211012-144319_Google PDF Viewer.jpg (299.46 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

jack7 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:09 pm You could try using this to get an email when any camera loses video.

Screenshot_20211012-144319_Google PDF Viewer.jpg
Think they are looking for loss of Network connection for an Email. It is only thing within the DVR/NVR setup that don't offer a Email alert.. I mean Even with IP Conflict and Mac Conflict it will email however in the Network no connection there is no option and that is because there is no way for the Email to be sent if there is no network connection..
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo, my thought was that the major effect of loss of network connection for a NVR camera would be camera loss of video for recording or viewing, and that the NVR would send email about camera loss of video.
friedham

Post by friedham »

I’m referring to the camera losing connection to the NVR, which is logged as a Net Disconnection. Obviously if the network is down, emails cannot be sent. If the NVR logs the camera disconnect as an event it would be great to be able to receive an email. I thought I tried the video loss route, but will try that again.
friedham

Post by friedham »

Video loss does not appear to work. When I power off the camera it quickly registers in the log as a Network Disconnection and never logs the Video Loss. I'm guessing it's because it doesn't expect to get video from a camera that is disconnected? Seems like there should be a way within the NVR to email if a camera loses it's connection to the NVR.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks Jack seems your right. Sorry thought it was trying to get email from Network issues...

@friedham can I inquire what NVR your working with? I don't do Emails anymore normally I don't like the idea of having my images or things in my Email so do all my notices in Push. Are you using the IPC Offline or Channel offline? The reason I don't get anything from Channel offline if I remove a camera from the network Switch. However if I have IPC Offline enabled then I will get a message on the NVR and an Email about it being offline.

So I did setup my Yahoo email account to my NVR and I was able to get an email alert when removed the camera from my Network, Again this was using IPC-Offline from with in the NVR.. This is what I got from that

Alarm Event: appEventAlarm Event: IPC Offline Alarm

Alarm input channel No.: 6
Alarm Input Channel Name: Amcrest850-2nd
Alarm Start Time(D/M/Y H:M:S): 31/10/1970 00:10:18
Alarm Device Name: NVR
Alarm Name:
Sender IP Address: 10.0.0.223
Alarm Details:

So then I thought I would try something little different, I normally have a different camera connected here so I connected this one here anyway on the port ch6 POE port. I then Enabled the Loss Video again for testing. After the POE camera came online and accessing it a few times I then tested it and I did turn off the IPC Offline area so it wouldn't react to the event. After removing it from the NVR there was no reaction. So this comes down to a different idea of what that option is. I will have to go to the cabin to test this out, However I wonder if connecting my 841v3 or my ASH21 to my NVR and turning on Private mode where it puts the camera out of view if that is what it would react too? When I took my 850 off the POE NVR and then looked for the channel info there was no longer a CH6 to see and that is what that option must mean something really bad happening. Like the Camera still able to access the NVR but no Video for the NVR to Process? I will go get one of my cameras and test this out.. Don't like the idea of me plugging and un plugging my 850 to many more times for testing.

Odd the Alarm time lol The test for the email had the right time..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well good news is that I didn't have to go to the cabin to get the cameras because my son has not taken them out there yet..

Bad news is that Video Loss don't seem to do anything even with the ASH21 or the 841v3 when I click on the Privacy Mode button on the devices the IPC and Amcrest stay on the screen so my guess is that it would have to be something even worse then that like the Camera PCB or something more then just putting the camera to sleep..

IPC-Offline worked as expected when applied. So if your cameras are not Amcrest or Dahua based and don't have the IPC-Offline feature in the camera then it might not warn you that the camera is offline

Edit, Also if I turn on the IPC-offline for the cameras when they go into Privacy mode there is a Email Generated.
Be Safe