needing help with different settings for day & night mode

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
tap

needing help with different settings for day & night mode

Post by tap »

Hello.

I've just got a Amcrest nv4108e-a2. Everything is up and running. I'm wanting to use different settings for day and night modes. I have day/night set to auto. I have my day settings and night settings set, however, when the camera goes into night mode it stays on day settings. If I go to the image settings and select night then the camera stays on night setting when the camera goes to day mode.

Is there a way to use different setting and have them auto switch for day and night modes that trigger when the camera starts IR or even set a time schedule?

It's brightness if you need to know the setting. 50 works great during the day but I need 65 during the night. Trying to avoid getting a IR lamp in my yard.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: needing help with different settings for day & night mode

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So in the NVR when you are making changes to the Channels modes like that you are really making the change to the Cameras Settings. So what you will want to do is make a connection to the NVR's WebUI, (I am assuming your talking about a POE connected Channel, however if normal Ip channel not POE connected just connect to cameras WebUI to make the changes) However if POE then connect to your NVR's IP, Then click the Management (Sorry I guess it is like my NVR's menu) then click on camera, then in that window at the bottom it should show the connection of your cameras. (If using Chrome first click an E or chrome icon to bring up the cameras WebUI) Clicking one you don't want to work with at first will bring up 10080 port and that port is reported as unsafe so that is why I say if you want to work with Ch1 make sure to click on Ch2 or 3 first then click on the one for Ch1 and it will load that cameras WebUI in the NVR's IP on port 10081..

Once you log into the Cameras WebUI you will want to click on the Setup, then click on camera, then Profile Management, then Schedule, then adjust the time for day/night then save. Once you do that you will want to go back to Configuration, Should be showing Day and the area you want to change, Then save that once you have it setup for Day then click on the drop down and choose Night make your change for that and save once you have that done it will change as you chose in Schedule and pick the settings you choose there..

In your Schedule, You might have an option for Day/Night if that option is used then it would need to be setup in the Configuration area for Auto for day and night area so it will change. If your camera is setup for Day only mode all settings will only take on Day setup area. General if you have that option is again like the Only mode meaning it would only work in that mode. So your looking for the Day/Night or Schedule modes to use for your cameras time setup. Normally only changes needed to cameras that need changed all others I would leave default. However if they need tweaking that is how you do it..

Sorry don't know what camera your working with. In the Profile Management there are many options offered your might be one of the ones listed above if not let me know and I will try to find out what would best suit your needs..
Be Safe.
tap

Post by tap »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:04 am Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So in the NVR when you are making changes to the Channels modes like that you are really making the change to the Cameras Settings. So what you will want to do is make a connection to the NVR's WebUI, (I am assuming your talking about a POE connected Channel, however if normal Ip channel not POE connected just connect to cameras WebUI to make the changes) However if POE then connect to your NVR's IP, Then click the Management (Sorry I guess it is like my NVR's menu) then click on camera, then in that window at the bottom it should show the connection of your cameras. (If using Chrome first click an E or chrome icon to bring up the cameras WebUI) Clicking one you don't want to work with at first will bring up 10080 port and that port is reported as unsafe so that is why I say if you want to work with Ch1 make sure to click on Ch2 or 3 first then click on the one for Ch1 and it will load that cameras WebUI in the NVR's IP on port 10081..

Once you log into the Cameras WebUI you will want to click on the Setup, then click on camera, then Profile Management, then Schedule, then adjust the time for day/night then save. Once you do that you will want to go back to Configuration, Should be showing Day and the area you want to change, Then save that once you have it setup for Day then click on the drop down and choose Night make your change for that and save once you have that done it will change as you chose in Schedule and pick the settings you choose there..

In your Schedule, You might have an option for Day/Night if that option is used then it would need to be setup in the Configuration area for Auto for day and night area so it will change. If your camera is setup for Day only mode all settings will only take on Day setup area. General if you have that option is again like the Only mode meaning it would only work in that mode. So your looking for the Day/Night or Schedule modes to use for your cameras time setup. Normally only changes needed to cameras that need changed all others I would leave default. However if they need tweaking that is how you do it..

Sorry don't know what camera your working with. In the Profile Management there are many options offered your might be one of the ones listed above if not let me know and I will try to find out what would best suit your needs..
Late reply but this did the trick
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad to hear you got it worked out.
Be Safe.