Need Expert help on new router

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
zplugger

Need Expert help on new router

Post by zplugger »

My system has been perfect for years, I have Verizon home network. I just changed to T Mobil and my cameras don't show up on my Verizon phone. Do I have to have a T Mobil cell phone to make this work? Been waiting for Starlink but it got pushed out until spring, so I got the T Mobil home gateway with no data caps. Should my Verizon phone connect to the T Mobil network to view cameras on the NVR. I lost my wifi thermostat and a couple wifi plugs too.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Need Expert help on new router

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well personally I think that sounds like some questions to put to T Mobile.

I am not sure how their product works. One of the issues and might have only been how long ago the device was on market. However it was setup only to work with connected devices to give access to the internet. They didn't work with many if any Ethernet ports and all traffic had to be started from the local side. Also they didn't have ability to contact one another and maybe that is the same time issue your running into.

However if your system is Router based with the normal 4 port router connections and a connection to the internet just via Cell then you will want to make sure that the system was setup by design to work as a Normal network router. if you don't have a switch you might need one however some of them devices are only limited to 15 connections so switch wouldn't be needed.. Ports on the back 1-4 depending on type you have would be all the wired support it would be programmed for the rest would be connected Wifi..

So I would double check your type of system your working with. It should have some Docs that it came with that should say how it can work and if they were nice enough even give you some diagrams of how it could be connected for different types of Deployments
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Hello Revo2Maxx
I have a Amcrest NV4116e-HS nvr. I used to have Verizon Mifi home for internet,and I used Amcrest View Pro on my verizon phone for push notifications and all worked great. I just got the T-Mobil home gateway for my internet now,but it will not push notifications anymore. I know my phone is on the Verizon network and the NVR is on the t-mobil network. Is there a way to use Amcrest View Pro on my Verizon phone to view my nvr on T-Mobil network? To do this would I have to get a T-Mobil cell phone?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Personally I don't know Maybe something to try, keep your NVR on however you have it connected to your new service and reboot your T mobile system and see if it gives it permission for internet access. It might be something that you have to do within the setup of the device. Maybe the NVR is setup for older IP of Verizon and not your new System and maybe setting up your NVR to run off network DHCP connection rather then a Static Connection might make things work..

It is hard to say without having it in font of me..

First I would try DHCP

Right click Main menu, then Network, then click on the Pencil under edit, then click on DHCP if it is Grey it will turn blue. Restart the Router, Press save on the NVR then apply then reboot the NVR and once it comes online log back in then click for main menu then network, and see if the router gave it a IP

Then on the right click on P2P and it should say that it is online

Edit: Also if that didn't help maybe try calling T Mobile they might have dealt with this already and know where the issue is, If it even works with a NVR that is something they would know
1-844-275-9310
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I don't have your T Mobile setup. I don't know what it offers but if it has a Lan Port to be honest this is what I would do...

Use a Second router like a Netgear Nighthawk, or some other normal router that you would connect to a Cable Modem lets say.. Connect your T-Mobile lan port from that device to the Internet in port of the other Router. (Normally Orange or Blue)

Your main TM router should have a Network IP setup for a Lan, Just make sure that your other router isn't set to the same IP

Like TM has incoming IP (IP for Internet Service (WAN)) 192.168.2.xxx just make sure your other router is setup to give out a different IP like 192.168.6.xxx. Then you would want to connect all your cameras and NVR to the LAN Router and make sure that the NVR was with IP like 192.168.6.102, maybe some cameras not connected to POE NVR could be connected Via Wifi on LAN and has IP 192.168.6.103 and so on.. What is important is that the LAN Router has Internet access. if you want to have P2P access for your NVR or cameras connected to LAN.. Then you can connect to LAN router or even if you don't want guest to have your Lan IP info you can give them your TM Wifi info for access while they visit keeping your NVR and other connected devices protected from others..
images.jpg
images.jpg (8.43 KiB) Viewed 700 times
Be Safe