Motion Setting going to default all the time

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kmoravec

Motion Setting going to default all the time

Post by kmoravec »

I have an 8 channel NVR.

I am going into the ALARM -> Video Detection -> Motion Detection Tab

I go to each channel select the region I want save it.

Set post record to 20 seconds
Set record all channels
Save

And when I come back it is not saved. All my settings are gone.

What is going on? What am I missing?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Motion Setting going to default all the time

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Is this a POE NVR or normal NVR?

If it is a Noral NVR do you happen to have the camera setup on the Amcrest Cloud? Or maybe you have it setup on some other 3rd party software that might be making these changes?

What Model of NVR are you using? I know you said it is an 8Ch however there are many models of them and it is best to know what one you are dealing wtih.
Be Safe.
kmoravec

Post by kmoravec »

NV4108E-A2 Device Model
8 Record Channels
V1.0 Hardware Version

V3.2.7.83177 Web Version
20.06(V2.8.1.957450) ONVIF Server Version
V2.4.1 ONVIF Client Version
V4.000.00AC001.0, Build Date: 09-15-2021 System Version
V2.1 Security Baseline Version
10001 Soft Version
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I hate to mention that it might have been a known issue and or at least there is a new FW compared to the one you are using right now anyway. I would start by doing an update on the NVR and see if that cures the issue. The new FW is 9 of 22 where yours is 9 of 21.. I can't say that it will fix the issue but is a starting place. If you don't like the newer one it will let you go back to the older one as it is within the same format.. Both the old and the newer FW are on the Web at
https://amcrest.com/firmware
Be Safe.
kmoravec

Post by kmoravec »

I took your advice and upgraded the software. What I forgot about was that it also reset everything to the factory default. Now it will not talk on the internet. So I have lost all communications with it.

Since I am in Texas and the NVR is in Michigan, there is nothing I can do until My next trip to Michigan in late August.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will know if it worked in August.

Kip
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Do you happen to know the Serial Number of your NVR? I ask because there shouldn't have been anything in a Firmware update that Auto Resets back to default. Normally when an Update is done they say they Recommend that the user do a Factory Reset to get extra features to work when new things are added. So you did a Factory Reset or after the update the connection to the NVR was Lost?

If you have internet access at your Remote location, I would setup your Amcrest View Pro using the Serial Number Method. If you DL ASP from Amcrest and again using the Serial Number of the NVR add it to ASP, you can have access to look at your NVR over your Computer Monitor.

So here is an Idea, If you don't happen to have your SN for your NVR, When you gain access to your NVR and cameras I would make a database with your SN of your security devices. I wouldn't put that in the same location of the passwords, however I would keep it handy for an event like this...

I have a lot of devices and I learned the hard way one time ago when I didn't record my SN and lost connection to a remote device. Only thing I had going for me is that I have someone close by the I trusted enough to leave a Key with and was able to get the info from them.

If you don't know the SN, Maybe you were using an App once and took a Screen shot of the devices Page that might have had it, If you have the box local to you as sometimes the location of the device isn't' the same of the storage of the packaging that might have the SN on it.

Looking at the picture below of my ASP. This is just the last part of my list. YOu can see that I have some setup for Remote use using the SN aka P2P format of setting up and the others I have setup for local only using the IP address of the device.
Screenshot (4614).png
Screenshot (4614).png (82.25 KiB) Viewed 325 times
Be Safe.