Motion Detect - Actually Recording?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
clausont

Motion Detect - Actually Recording?

Post by clausont »

I'm new to Amcrest NVR and can only relate to BlueIris. I am installing and configuring Amcrest NV4108E-HS with 4 cameras (Amcrest 4k Turret). Motion detect is working, but when I am watching the web interface or Surveillance Pro, I do not see anything that shows in real time that motion detect has been triggered. BlueIris has a box around the live view window that turns red when the camera is recording and when Motion detect has been triggered. Is there anything like that with the Amcrest NVR? Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Motion Detect - Actually Recording?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

When in use of Motion Detection on the NVR it will show a ICON that it is Recording when motion is triggered. In the ASP and other way of view I don't know of any motion detection view that it was triggered.. I am sure there are people that know ASP more then I seeing I didn't like it much in version 1.41xxx where 2.0 is better and while I don't really use it alot I do use it to access my out of state cameras using P2P.. I know that it does show my AI triggers.. Again I don't use it much so I am not sure and there are a few good few people that does use ASP and they might have more info about how to get it to show if it can..

For me it does but that is using AI tech and might be only related to that I never paid attention if it shows a trigger I only worry about being able to playback my recorded files when and if needed...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

On Amcrest Surveillance Pro home page, go to Events to configure how you want to be notified for motion detection event.  You can have audio alarm and/or video stream window pop up.  Works for LAN cams.  You'll have to test for NVR cams.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh yeah I have that turned off in my 4216 forgot about that. If you set your nvr to view screen on motion it will pop up in ASP on motion. Personally don't like the setting because it pops a window over display window. Works with Anti-dither keeping it at 5 in nvr or better will pop window when setup in nvr to tour that window on motion.
Be Safe
clausont

Post by clausont »

Thanks for the replies. So far, I guess I don't have my cam settings right. Still working on that. What I am using now is the NV4108E-HS with Web interface. Even when the cams are recording, there is no icon showing they are recording. It's sort of hard to set motion detect when you don't have some sort of icon showing when the camera is actually recording. Any thoughts on this? Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

When your at your NVR and you have setup your Recordings to Record only Motion on your Screen you will see one of a couple of icons on the screen when your device starts to record. Sorry it has been a while since I have seen older Icons because my 4108e-HS is in another state so I can't remember the icon. However I know that on the 4.0 Software it will be a little Green Camera icon in the lower left of the window for the camera.

So if your looking at your NVR in a 9 channel view, in the bottom of each camera left screen it will show green camera.. In older FW it might have been like my 4108h the normal icon is a Red with white dot and then when there is motion next to that is a blue icon of what looks like 2 people walking..

So here is an idea.. If you don't know that your system is working here are a few things I would do to debug this (Troubleshoot)

First click on the Storage Icon, double check that your Recording method is setup to record under the Record area, All channels you wanted to record main should be setup for Auto then if you have some cameras that your Sub channels is your main in theory then you will want to set them channels to the Sub for Auto then Snapshot I have all them setup for Enable
Second, after you have set that up and apply click Schedule, Make sure that your channels D1 - D8 are all setup the way you want them with Regular for the most important channels recording full time, then make sure there is the MD in Yellow picked in all days click on apply, then Copy if you want them all to be the same with only Motion, then Apply.. Then for sake of making sure click on Snapshot and if it is still setup as default Full time Snapshot (Regular) change that in D1 then after you apply again press copy and then copy that for motion on all the channels if you leave it Regular it will record full time snapshots and take up your hdd space.. After all that is done and you have pressed apply

Third, Go to your Motion page for your cameras, Picking Channel 1 or what ever you want, Make sure that is Enabled for that channel, then you will want to click on the Setting button next to Region then click the area you want Motion to be detected.. In normal the setting should be or could be 5 and 60 Sensitivity is 60 and Threshold 5... Normally I only deal with 1 of the 4 areas but there are 4 different areas that offer different colors in the screen to know that it is picked for detection, Apply, Then to test that it is working and personally I wouldn't leave it this way if the NVR is close to your bedroom and or don't like loud noises, but I would click on Buzzer and then apply.. Now in Theory when the Recorder has detected motion for that camera your NVR will Buzz and this will tell you that your motion is being recorded.. Also if you look at your system in Grid View you can also setup on motion to Tour your Channel that has motion, SO say Channel 4 you want to see full screen everytime there is motion you can setup so while in 4, 9 Grid view or on a different channel if there is a motion detection on Channel 4 it will pop up Full screen on the monitor.. Just make sure that the Anti-Dither is still set with 5 or however long you want the screen to stay up when there is the pop up.. After that time it will go back to the Grid View you were in before and or even say you were on channel 2 it will return there after that set Anti Dither time...

Then if after all that and your system is popping up buzzing and all the sort but still not able to play back the Videos then you will want to double check that your HDD is not bad and is working ok..

YOu can do this by setting up Full time recording for a channel come back in an hour or some time anyway later and check to see if your HDD as recorded that channel if not replace the HDD...
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry forgot to mention in my last post that on the 4.0 with the Green camera at the bottom left when there is a Motion Detection that happens it will have what looks like 2 people walking in Red..

In the older system it is white/Red dot with blue square with 2 people walking for motion..
Be Safe