Limited to single channel at 30 fps?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
JohnnyBxo

Limited to single channel at 30 fps?

Post by JohnnyBxo »

Hello Amcrest community. Is anyone aware how to change all my channels to stream 1080p @ 30 fps? I have the AMDV10814-H5 DVR, just received it yesterday in fact to replace a unit that died unexpectedly that was nearly 3 years old. My first channel is set to 1080p @ 30 fps, but channels 2-4 are at 1080p @ 7 fps. There isn't even an option to go higher than 7 fps.

What's up with that? Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

edit. I just tried to set channel one at 7 fps to see if that allowed a different channel to encode at 30 fps. This DID NOT allow that change to happen. This seems to suggest this may be a mistake in the device firmware. Can any Amcrest individuals comment?
FRACTIOUSD

Re: Limited to single channel at 30 fps?

Post by FRACTIOUSD »

My experience with other DVR/NVR's is they are generally limited by the onboard graphics. It is more than likely not possible to live view more than 1 full Resolution camera @ 30fps directly from a monitor attached to the DVR/NVR. It also has analog connections... I don't believe you will get what you are looking for from this model. Amcrest does state "Continuous Recording at 4CH 1080p @30fps" in the overview of the product. Please note "recording" not "live streaming". Also, your model will record as follows according to the tech specs:

"Main stream: The 1st channel 5M-N(1~10fps), other channels
4M-N/1080P(1~15fps); 1080N/720P/960H/ D1/CIF (1~25/30fps)
Sub stream: D1/CIF(1~15fps)"

Also, notice the 1080N at 30fps and 1080p at 15fps. So there is contradiction.