Issues with P2P

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
coreyb817

Issues with P2P

Post by coreyb817 »

I just installed an AmCrest system for a customer, and we're having issues with P2P, as well as manual connection via port forwarding. I have tried all of the usual things to correct the issue, such as factory resetting the NVR, clearing cache and reinstalling app on the phone, etc. The odd thing is that P2P and manual connection via port forwarding is working fine on my phone, as well as any other phone I try.

When the system was first installed, the customer's phone could view the cameras for a few days, then it started saying it could not conenct. I went back and factory reset the NVR, and the phone could once again view the cameras, but after a few days it stopped working again. The whole time, I can view the cameras on my phone just fine.

I have not directed the customer to factory reset their phone at this time, because I do not believe that is going to help. The phone was purchased the same day that I installed the cameras, and the issue started a few days later. Considering I was able to connect again after the NVR was factory reset, I'm a bit confused but willing to try anything!

The NVR we are using is the NV4108E.
The customer is using a Samsung Galaxy Note 20.

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Issues with P2P

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

I would personally find out if they are using ATT or T-Mobile on the Note 20? I have many different Samsung phones on my network from 8, 9 20, 21Ultra and all are working fine on Verizon Wireless. I know there has been some people using ATT that seems to be having some issues with P2P.

If not using Att or the like, then it could be many different issues. Personally wouldn't Port Forward the Device without turning on Illegal Login and lock out after 3 or 5 what ever is offered as lowest number of tries. Seeing I am doing some testing and after 2 days of adding one of my DVRs to the internet after forwarding the Ports the devices has been hit 900+ times trying to gain access lol. Some people just don't have a life..

For now to get them though using ASP or even Chrome on their Note 20 I would setup NGROK for them to make a WebUI connection as long as they have a PC connected they could leave running 24/7. It is much safer then exposing the Ports to the Internet... Just an Idea for now while working out the Bugs...
Be Safe.
coreyb817

Post by coreyb817 »

It's TMobile service. We don't port forward, it was done to test. Same results. Works for awhile, then can't connect. The whole time, I can connect just fine with my phone which is a Sonim, also on the TMobile network. Unfortunately there is no PC to host NGROK.

It's frustrating enough that if I have to go back and replace cameras and NVR with a different brand, out of pocket, I'm dumping AmCrest as my preferred hardware. The fact that they have forums with zero developer or engineer engagement is something I want no part of when I'm installing 5 systems a week. I've read in other forums that Note 20 seems to have issues with AmCrest P2P, dating back at least a year ago, so this is something AmCrest should have fixed by now.

Very disappointing.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

When you find a CCTV service provider that offers an ONLINE Forum with constant forum Engagement with Support and the R&D let me know. There are many different providers out there that don't even offer a Forum. Then there are some that have Support Help docs type forum and I go there and look at 45 60 90 days without any one posting any type of help let alone from someone in the Support team. Then I start to post some replies and next thing you know there will be a select few that Support would reply too.. I have more cameras and DVR/NVRs then what is normal and from many companies about 10 and Amcrest is the only one that has any type of engagement that is online daily.

in general the forum serves as your first line of support, offering a wealth of resources to address your queries, troubleshoot issues, and find solutions independently. At times, the support staff may recommend the forum as a resource for clients facing complex issues that aren't solely related to Amcrest products. By directing users to the forum, they provide a collaborative platform where diverse perspectives and expertise can help tackle multifaceted challenges. Many clients have found solutions to their problems after signing up for the forum, leveraging the collective knowledge and experiences shared within the community from users from all over the World.
Be Safe.