Issue with only 1 hour playback

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
warriorpluto

Issue with only 1 hour playback

Post by warriorpluto »

What's this stupid issue with only one hour of playback on the app and on the DVR itself? Already formatted and and reset the DVR. Had this thing for years. I thought I was going to go back and view playback of me and my daughter having a balloon fight on her birthday and the stupid piece of junk only got an hour of 12am. I'm not going to buy another piece of amcrest equipment until this is fixed. I'd rather just go to another brand. Always something dumb happening with amcrest. I'm highly disappointed. What if something important happened and I need video?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Issue with only 1 hour playback

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

Sorry I am not sure I understand, Are you saying that you tried to playback your footage on your DVR and only have an hour of playback that you can only see 1 hour no mater the time and day you choose to search for?

Are you saying that you Formatted the HDD after trying to watch this footage or do you mean you have format and reset the system before the birthday and now there is an issue only 1 hour?

This one hour from GUI playback or from the AVP on your phone?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
warriorpluto

Post by warriorpluto »

I just noticed it starting doing this the other day when I tried to go back and look at some footage from Saturday. I looked at all the other days before that and it's been doing the same ignorant thing since last month without my knowledge. I've been running this setup since 2018. So I reset the nvr to factory settings and then tested. It did the same so I formatted the hard drive. Same thing. If this is some quiet update that's trying to get me to buy more products then I'll just go to another company if I can't fix what has been working great these past couple of years. I even took out the hard drive and tested it with the best software to make sure there were no errors and the hard drive is perfect.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Amcrest isn't doing anything to try and make you buy something different. Why is it always that something nefarious has to be going on? It has been reported and is being looked into. I am not sure why this is going on and still not sure what it is your reporting?

Is it over the AVP? ASP? WebUI? and NVR's GUI? where it will only play 1 hour from your system?

Now I will admit I don't have this issue and it might be that I am not a normal user. Because I don't full time record on main Channel I full time record on the Sub Channel. However all my playback from all devices are able to load all full time recordings without an issue!

So I have changed one of my NVR's to record on Main channel full time to see if I can get this same issue. As of right now I have not heard anything back on what is going on and why some people are only able to get 1 hour using AVP, at first thought it was iOS related however since then others with Android devices have also said only an hour..

However from your post it sounds like your saying that GUI you also can only playback or find to playback 1 hour?
Be Safe
Zerozr1

Post by Zerozr1 »

This issue started happening to me a few weeks ago too. Never had a problem until now and this system is several years old now. Live works fine and playback only shows 12am-1am. This is through amcrest view pro, I haven't had a chance to try on a PC
larojas

Post by larojas »

Same thing here. Been working ok for years, and now only the one hour period from 12:00-01:00am gets recorded each day. No warnings, no errors. No idea what happened but it's pretty serious, I mean this is the main job of the NVR.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

What is the model NVR that the issue is with and please double check that the NVR and current time on your Cell phone is correct as well. I have heard that there might be a Time issue that is leading to a 1hr playback. I personally don't know how or why that would be related I know that when I have had a camera on the wrong time to the NVR if they were not setup to Sync. The NVR won't record the cameras motion.

So something to look at. I am going to guess that Amcrest don't have any Tickets on this issue and might be important to get things figured out as more and more people are starting to have the same issue. I Personally don't . Today on another thread I posted over 6 hour footage or more in AVP time line
Be Safe
Micheng89

Post by Micheng89 »

I have been having the same issue with my app. Using a nv2104e. Im not sure if there was a recent app update that caused this but noticed in maybe the last few weeks I was not able to access anything more than the first hour. Desktop app does work when searching so it looks like it's just the app. Google pixel 6 pro. Amcrest app version 4.2.030
Screenshot_20230406-045357.png
Screenshot_20230406-045357.png (700.13 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
larojas

Post by larojas »

My model is NV1104. Software version V3.200.AC00.0 (build: 2017-06-28).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you are reading this and have some issues with playback. Some have said going back to .0024 version of AVP is working for them. So maybe reinstall an older version of AVP. I personally use 30 that is said not to work for others and I don't have an issue. So there has to be something within other phone type or system settings that is making it a limited playback setup. While talking with Amcrest about it they don't have the issue and I don't either so it is hard to pin point the issue until it can be duplicated in one of the support staffs phone. They are trying to find out what is going on and have passed the info to R&D for trying to find the root.

However the people that are offering the idea of installing an older Software are also giving out info about a 3rd party DL site so I personally don't know and would ask Amcrest for the file to make sure there is nothing crafty going on behind the scenes. I don't trust 3rd party DL sites or 3rd party software for Security. Just saying...
Be Safe