Issue with only 1 hour playback

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
darryl3

Re: Issue with only 1 hour playback

Post by darryl3 »

Mine started doing the same thing. Exactly like the photo shown in a previous post, only one hour of playback available, resets everyday on each camera. From Midnight to 1am, that day is all that's available in playback history. Must have been a bad update or something.
lctaylor69

Post by lctaylor69 »

That would be great... but Amcrest refuses to send the previous app version that worked. I provided all the necessary info (phone model, phone software version, amcrest hardware model), and they are still refusing for over 2 months now. They opened a case file and told me they are working it... then when I try to follow up, they try to say I'm there only person with the problem even though I sent links to two different forums with customers posting complaints. Ridiculous.
NoisyTrain

Post by NoisyTrain »

My App on my S22 has been doing this too! I am forced to use the webplugin, which is not convenient for me.
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

I am having the same issue, where the desktop amcrest surveillance pro program is able to playback any and all 24 hour recordings, but the Android app on my Samsung Note20 is only able to playback 1 hour, specifically 12 a.m. - 1 a.m..It's been this way for over a year now and it's really pissing me off because I know it is because of some update to the Android app. Someone from Amcrest really ought to chime in here and acknowledge that there is a problem. :evil:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The issue is you and a few others have an issue on a device that Amcrest don't regulate or have any control over. They work to try and find issues and fix them. As you can see still using the current app release I am able to list and playback all day so far of footage. Amcrest opens their app and they don't find any with same issue as yours how do you expect them to say there is a problem when they can't find a problem.

For this issue it sounds better to make a Ticket and maybe enough tickets they will see there is a problem.
Screenshot_20230609_142212_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20230609_142212_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (909.22 KiB) Viewed 2445 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
LilJalapeno

Post by LilJalapeno »

Has anyone been able to solve this? I have the exact same problem of only 12am to 1am recording on the app with no help from Customer Service.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Reverting to earlier firmware version 4.2.024 appears to work according to several of the later posts in the thread 'View Pro App Problem: Only 0000-0100 playback is available?' addressing the same issue.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Just keep in mind that Amcrest don't support any off site App. If there is a website that is offering the Amcrest App you need to understand you use it at your own Risk. If you want older Version of the App it is best to contact Amcrest Support let them know you have that issue and see if they will supply the older app.

Very odd that I have the newest app and I don't have the issue. I reported it to Amcrest Support, From all the phones in the office last I heard they were not able to find any issue with the app as a way to confirm the issue. I thought today well maybe they are using it on Cell Network, So I tried on mine and all my timeline was full so I can't seem to get the issue to come on using .30 and I use Samsung Ultra S21, S9, S9+ all my phones,. Also have it installed on S23+ that is my wifes phone and they are all able to pull up a full days recording history for playback.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Turbotank

Post by Turbotank »

I'm having the same issue...
Attachments
Screenshot_20230918_220910_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20230918_220910_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (152.73 KiB) Viewed 1649 times
Tom702

Post by Tom702 »

I had the same problem for a long time and gave up. Today I found out there is a new Amcrest View Pro 2 out. This fixed the 1 hr playback problem.