IP8M Cameras not recording on Amcrest PC-NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
PeterDactyl

IP8M Cameras not recording on Amcrest PC-NVR

Post by PeterDactyl »

I cannot get three of five cameras to record via my PC-NVR.
I have a system of two IP8M-T2499E (POE) cameras, a IP8M-2496E (POE), and two IP3M-941W cameras, all connected via ethernet. I use a PC-NVR to record, however, only the two IP3M-941W cameras record video. The three IP8M* cameras don't work, the two IP3M* cameras do.

I can perform live view, see the camera preview through the NVR "remote device" setup, I can set recording schedule (currently both general and Motion Detect are enabled 24/7) for each camera through the NVR, but there are only recordings for the two IP3M cameras, not the other 3.

My test to see if video is recorded is to use the playback tab in ASP. I select the NVR (and all 5 cameras in its submenu), select "main stream" and click search for today's date. CAM1 and CAM2 show up with many recording events due to general recording and motion both being active, but a message pops up saying "channel CAM 3 and so on have no records" (CAM3,4,5 are the IP8M cameras)

Things I've tried:
- restarted the cameras, NVR, switch, and computer multiple times (heck, the power even went out once, so everything got a restart all at once)
- completely uninstalled ASP and PC-NVR, and configured everything again
- tried both the "latest" and "previous" firmware version available on the amcrest site for the T2499E, and am back to latest (V2.622.00AC000.0.R) right now
- I've walked through every menu on the web GUI for the cameras and can't find any notable difference in the configurations of the IP3M cameras and the IP8M cameras.
- Connected ONLY the IP8M cameras to the NVR without the IP3M cameras.

A couple things I can't find good answers to:
- In the Devices list in ASP, the channel number is listed as "1/0/0/0" for the three IP8M cameras, but "1/0/1/1" for the two IP3M cameras. I can't find an explanation of what this means or how to change it.
- The Firmware for the IP3M cameras is listed as 2017, while the IP8M is 2020 (or late 2019, if I go the previous release). I've read some posts about a recent update that broke some NVR functionality, maybe that's whats getting me? Is there a way to check?

I appreciate any help. I feel like I've tried everything, but could certainly be missing something small that I've simply overlooked, and am happy to entertain any suggestions.

The only untried path I have right now is a ASP2 beta I got from Amcrest support, and will try that this evening.
jack7

Re: IP8M Cameras not recording on Amcrest PC-NVR

Post by jack7 »

You wrote:
"A couple things I can't find good answers to:
- In the Devices list in ASP, the channel number is listed as "1/0/0/0" for the three IP8M cameras, but "1/0/1/1" for the two IP3M cameras. I can't find an explanation of what this means or how to change it.
- The Firmware for the IP3M cameras is listed as 2017, while the IP8M is 2020 (or late 2019, if I go the previous release). I've read some posts about a recent update that broke some NVR functionality, maybe that's whats getting me? Is there a way to check?"

1. I would not be concerned with that. It's probably whatever the device reports.
2. What posts are you referencing?

Here's some other troubleshooting tests:
Connect PC-NVR to only one 4K camera by itself. Check status
Don't record motion on PC-NVR. Check
Change PC-NVR record from mainstream to substream. Check
PeterDactyl

Post by PeterDactyl »

Will try the other tests and report back. Thank you.

Here is the firmware post I found. It is not calling out my cameras, but sure seemed like it could be related somehow.
NVR no longer records or logs motion after firmware upgrade
https://amcrest.com/forum/nvrs-dvrs-f19 ... 14095.html
jack7

Post by jack7 »

That firmware post is about new firmware on a standalone NVR hardware box and not related to PC-NVR.
I suggested those additional tests to make it simpler, and see if would record then.
PeterDactyl

Post by PeterDactyl »

No luck with the individual camera, nor substream ideas.

However, I tried the beta version of ASP 2.0, and all the cameras are now recording. The software interface is a little bit better overall (some interfaces, such as the playback screen are worse). The software also crashes relatively often, especially when I'm trying to select specific times in the playback... but this is still better than not recording at all.

I was warned this software is not yet supported nor documented, but again, it works better than it was.

SP 2.0 - https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-surve ... 13561.html