IP8M-2496EB Firmware update

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
TXResident

IP8M-2496EB Firmware update

Post by TXResident »

I have the NVR 4108e and the IP8M-2496E cameras. On my NVR it is telling me that I need the cameras "ugraded" I tried to download the latest update which is june of 2018 to a USB and when inserting the usb to the NVR it says no files can be found to download. Tried to do it from the configuration console, and it begins to download and then it just freezes and gives me a message of unable to upgrade, manual restart. I tried several times with no luck. Any suggestions?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-2496EB Firmware update

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello I will try and help with some info about updating your Firmware.

First. Take the file you have make sure you know the folder it is in. I have mine setup on my R drive under Amcrest and firmware. Take the file you DL and put it in the folder you can access

On a Windows machine or what you use for normal computing gain access to your Camera like you did when you set it up over the Web UI AKA Web User Interface. Log onto the camera, you then click on the System button left side menu 5th one down. Then click on upgrade. In here you will click at the top area will be an empty input line with Browse and upgrade. Click the Browse and then find the .bin file you saved in that folder. Now you will see the info in the bar and click Update. At this time don't unplug or disconnect your camera or computer. Once the update is complete the camera will auto reboot and should show you such in the window your on. Once the Camera is back online you can then access the UI again.

Be Safe
James
Be Safe.